At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter.
We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
There has never been a more exciting time to work in catalog in the music industry. Thanks to new digital platforms as well as renewed interest in physical formats, discovery is unlimited and new generations of fans are listening to the best music ever recorded, regardless of when it was released. Digital platforms make the entire history of recorded music available, and our job in catalog is to ensure that our artists are in the best position to be heard. We are tight-knit group that oversees the catalogs of major and historic artists, and are looking for another team member that can help us function effectively, efficiently, and creatively! Spanning across a variety of genres, we are actively seeking a highly motivated and diligent marketing expert with fluency across Hip-Hop and R&B genres to join our team.
Centered around the development of WMG’s Hip-Hop and R&B catalog that has emerged from the last 10 years, this position is based in NYC and reports into the EVP of Global Catalog. Here you will get to demonstrate your knowledge of these genres as you work to increase catalog exposure and drive incremental revenue. Catalog is not all about anniversaries and re-issues, as the position will also focus on creating and driving marketing campaigns to support upcoming new releases, capitalize around tours and viral moments, and more. A management position, this role is also responsible for managing both a Director and Coordinator.
Here you’ll get to:
- Utilize legacy techniques and new school ideas, to develop new, tailor-made catalog marketing campaigns for active Hip-Hop and R&B artists
- Become an authority in the history of each artist on your roster, incorporating everything from the artist as a brand, their past releases, and social media presence. You will know your roster – and their audience – inside out
- Be charged with leading your team across asset optimizations, seek new opportunities to exploit, and find new audiences to engage with
- Handle research or communications details as you drive projects forward with both internal and external partners
- Identify and implement marketing opportunities for new releases & relevant re-issues, including landmark anniversaries
- Grow your relationship building skills, by working closely with artist managers and internal WMG partners on global initiatives
- Identify viral moments and build quick-strike marketing campaigns that capitalize quickly on such opportunities
- Develop and create social content and digital marketing tools for use across social networks and streaming platforms
- Develop quarterly budget forecasts with EVP for forthcoming priority projects
- Create and deliver regular updates to all interested parties, highlighting campaign performance and growth opportunities that align with strategic goals
- Look for new and current external partners for marketing and A&R opportunities in the catalog space
- Work with the Analysis team to run post-mortem analysis on catalog marketing initiatives to evaluate successes and failures and continue to refine standards to apply moving forward
- Lead and develop a team to success
- 5+ years of music industry marketing, product management and/or A&R experience (including record labels, record stores, artist management, digital accounts, start-ups, music publishing, brand marketing, and related companies/fields)
- Passionate about both Hip-Hop/R&B and business
- Experience managing people, timelines and budgets
- Solid teamwork, leadership, organization, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, presentation skills and comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to use storytelling in showcasing new ideas and achieving goals
- Proven project management and multi-tasking skills to bring fresh ideas and insights to life across a variety of departments
- Experience with creative strategy, leading marketing campaigns internally and externally with digital retailers (such as Spotify, Apple or YouTube) and social partners (like Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat)
- Flexibility with working across many international time zones. Some tasks and calls will be required outside of regular business hours
- Possess a deep understanding of the modern digital world, the current music market, and pop culture trends
We’d love it if you also had:
- Experience in streaming, sales, and/or marketing analysis
- Have experience with producing or creating content & bringing content to market
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$140,000 to $160,000 Annually Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.