VP, Finance, Real Estate
The VP Finance, Real Estate, will help oversee PMC’s Real Estate division and real estate portfolio with responsibility for the financial management and success of the portfolio. This will include interfacing with on-site project management personnel, monitoring construction progress, costs, schedules, managing the budget and cashflow for multiple assets and projects, assisting the Treasurer in hedging and financing, and evaluating potential commercial real estate leasing and investment opportunities. This role will interface closely with the accounting function to ensure that the monthly financial statements are correctly stated. Responsibilities include review of balance sheet and income statements. This position is based in Los Angeles and will jointly report to the SVP, Tax and the EVP of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact regularly with on-site teams at real estate locations and construction projects to ensure controls are in place, projects are proceeding as planned, and developments and risks are understood.
- Deep understanding of PMC’s real estate businesses including commercial office leasing and other real estate development and construction projects
- Keep PMC Senior Management Team apprised of key issues, risks, and plans.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new real estate opportunities
- Ensure financing is optimized.
- Managing within legal entity structures, understanding tax implications on cash and financial results
- Prepare annual real estate business budget and forecast the financials regularly
- Review and analyze monthly balance sheet and P&L for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with GAAP
- Manage the real estate business cashflow and approve spending
- Support annual audit(s) including testing documentation and flux analysis
- Continue to improve operational processes and increase efficiency
- Co-supervise real estate senior accountant
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance
- Real estate leasing and construction audit experience is a must
- Budgeting and forecasting experience is a must
- 10+ years of experience in commercial real estate business
- 3+ years public accounting experience at a reputable firm is preferred
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- CPA or MBA is a plus
- Organized, self-starter in uncovering issues and finding solutions. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Typical wage range: $200k - $240k + annual discretionary bonus. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, in less than 2 years, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It's All About You:
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.