VP, Finance and Strategy – Global Pricing and Portfolio Productivity will lead the company’s strategic pricing agenda. This role will be responsible for delivering SKU and Pricing methodologies, analytics, and recommendations across all ELC brands and across geographic regions globally. This includes leadership of the annual planning cycle, developing frameworks and driving analytics to enable business performance for our hero products, reviewing profitability of products to recommend prioritization or deprioritization. This role will be responsible for developing capability and serving as an integration point globally.
This leader will help the corporation to embed best practices, guidelines and governance for managing the company’s pricing strategies. She / he will elevate the company’s expertise in pricing and help infuse a strategic, measured and analytical backbone into the pricing process. This individual will be also charged with developing internal relationships and ensuring that the company’s pricing strategy protects profitability, is locally relevant to consumers and positioned competitively for all brands, regions and affiliates.
- Develop the Strategic Approach:
- Developing the strategic approach to pricing as a lever to protect and build profitability and brand equity globally, ensure global brand consistency and maintain local competitive relevance.
- Deliver thought leadership on pricing positioning and strategy segmentation in conjunction with individual brands in ELC portfolio.
- Guide annual pricing decisions by the brands in their major regions and affiliates to enable commercial / executional excellence
- Delivering the Annual Pricing Processes:
- Manage all aspects of pricing strategy development and planning.
- Manage annual 3-year planning processes globally that includes pricing strategy for new product launches, pricing positioning by brand, conducting competitive analyses, portfolio analyses and leading relevant ad hoc deep dives and analyses.
- Enable Portfolio Productivity by driving reviews of product segments across all brands (Heroes/Key SKUs, new products, lower performing products)
- Drive end-to-end SKU editing process to eliminate complexity and free up resourcing to facilitate more focus on higher performing SKUs
- Cross-Functional Partnership:
- Partner with Consumer Insights and Marketing Analytics team to leverage consumer research and market analytics (NPD, IRI, Nielson, etc.) to support pricing decisions and strategy.
- Partner across global brand leadership, marketing teams, and region leadership to navigate multiple priorities
- Partner with Global Supply Chain, Product Development and New Product launch teams to ensure strategic connectivity on innovation
- Team Leadership and Development:
- Determine capabilities needed to support current and future business objectives
- Ensure effective staffing and resource allocation across the team with clear responsibilities
- Provides mentoring, coaching and support across the team
- Champion a culture that fosters continuous personal growth and development
- Technology Enablement: Ensuring pricing related technological infrastructure is effectively utilized and integrated in pricing processes, partnering with IT/tech organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience in related fields; pricing or commercial finance experience preferred; experience in a consumer focused organization preferred.
- Strategic Capability: Ability to develop, align and implement strategies that deliver key business needs.
- Ability to balance competing priorities (i.e. growth vs. profit, innovation vs. SKU efficiency)
- Ability to effectively utilize various tools & technologies to enable analytics and decision making
- Communication: Proven problem solving capabilities, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Influence: Strong influence capabilities at all levels of the organization
- Cross-functional collaboration: Ability to collaborate across multiple functional groups, across multiple geographies and with all global brands. Ability to navigate a complex matrixed organization
Team leadership and development: lead the pricing team and ensure effective development of all team members
U.S Corporate/Office Exempt Roles
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $200,000 to $342,000 Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results as well as participation in the share incentive plan.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.