VP Environmental Engineer Practice Lead
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is seeking a Vice President Environmental Engineer Practice Lead to join our Pacific Northwest Earth & Environment, Site Investigation and Restoration consulting team and lead our environmental engineering practice. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our remediation and EHS consulting practice in a collegial, collaborative environment, and possess knowledge and technical skills in site investigation and remediation under Federal and State (Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Idaho) regulations, with a preference for extensive experience with MTCA. Experience with Federal Government (Department of Defense or U.S. EPA) clients along with State/Local government and private sector clients is a plus.
The WSP Northwest Operation is a multi-disciplinary science and engineering organization that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients locally and throughout the US. We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team of knowledgeable and skilled engineers, geoscientists, chemists, data visualization specialists deliver high quality and technical excellence on complex and diverse local projects, while benefiting from the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization, and we are looking to grow our team in supporting our current workload as well as advancement of our strategic plan and vision.
- Consult for federal, municipal, commercial, and industrial clients on environmental investigation and remediation projects
- Manage complex site investigation and remediation projects
- Provide leadership to environmental science and engineering staff
- Work with project managers and other project staff locally and nationally to support environmental investigation and restoration projects
- Lead and support engineering design and remedial construction work
- Ensure a high level of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in our work to achieve client and company goals
- Active participation in business development and proposal efforts
- Participate in companywide initiatives and work groups
- Help plan and execute business growth and improvement strategies
- Keep an eye on the future and look for new horizons and services to pursue
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Minimum BS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related engineering field required
- 12+ years of experience
- Professional registration in Oregon or Washington (with ability to add the other State if missing)
- Demonstrated expertise and success in feasibility evaluation, remedial design, remedial action, and long-term operation & maintenance of remediation systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working under the MTCA regulatory paradigm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong team building orientation
- Consistent and highly accurate project work
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Flexible to work outside of business hours, when necessary
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as typical engineering software
- Experience with Bentley ProjectWise is a plus
- Must pass background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $137,800 - $215,600
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: PORTLAND - SW 72ND AVE
- All locations: US-OR-Portland, US-WA-Kirkland, US-WA-Lynnwood
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation – no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.