VP, Enterprise Platform Growth
PayPalCharlotte, NC18 days ago
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Vice President, Head of Business Development & Strategy Enterprise Platform Growth The executive in this role will lead the Business Development, Growth, and Transformation Strategy teams for PayPal’s Enterprise Platform, which includes PayPal for Marketplaces and PayPal Payouts (Hyperwallet). These teams are responsible for expanding PayPal’s lead position as the world’s best payments and commerce partner for merchants globally in 50+ countries by create next-generation ideas that expand the value of our platform and enable seamless execution of initiatives that translate to onboarding new merchants. PayPal for Marketplaces provides payment solutions for businesses accepting and disbursing funds between consumers and businesses, enabling business growth with fees, holds, disbursements, onboarding and more. PayPal for Marketplaces serves as the payment solution for businesses bringing together buyers and sellers of products & services with specific needs to add commissions, fees, holds and multi-seller disbursements and is also designed to solve for the unique payment needs of online fundraising sites to earn commissions, offer tip-ups or apply holds and disbursements. PayPal Payouts help organizations send mass payments to contract workers, claimants, freelancers, and sellers around the world by leveraging Hyperwallet’s full stack technology to send commissions, rewards, claims, and rebates quickly and securely to banked and unbanked payees globally.
- Lead geographically dispersed teams of seasoned Directors and Senior Directors within Marketplaces and Payouts. The teams are focused on business development, partner / ecosystem GTM, Pay with Venmo GTM, Braintree Extend (a robust data sharing toolkit that enables merchants to grow their payments ecosystem by creating secure connections to partners), strategy & strategic product / business initiatives, and payments partner relationships (sponsors, schemes, issuers, third parties).
- Lead teams that drive our payments offerings and operations in all 50 markets globally.
- Oversee merchant success programs and initiatives.
- Lead payment optimization initiatives that power increased sales and improve total cost of payment acceptance for our clients.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience managing and leading an Enterprise Sales / Business Development, GTM, and / or Strategy function for a global FinTech or payments organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Finance (MBA or Masters Degree strongly preferred).
- Growth mindset with a strong desire to collaborate.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead through influence in addition to through authority.
- A personal alignment to PayPal’s mission.
Top 5 skill sets and experiences that this leader will ideally possess:
- Large enterprise merchant subject matter expertise.
- Digital wallet and payments experience.
- Business and / or strategy development skillset, mindset, and approach to customer acquisition & engagement.
- Commercial acumen and accountability.
- Leadership & management experience in a globally matrixed organization.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.