VP, Engineering and Construction
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. We’re growing rapidly and we need passionate individuals to take a hands-on role in driving our expansion.
As VP Engineering and Construction, you will be responsible for all Volta functions responsible for the design and construction of Volta’s charging networks. You will manage the strategic development and execution of the deployment organization.
This is a highly independent role, reporting to the SVP, Network Operations. We are looking for self-motivated and proactive individuals, who will drive all projects with a sense of urgency and are passionate about seeing their work manifest in the acceleration of a sustainable future.
This is a full-time role, hiring in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, or Seattle.
- Manage a design engineering group and multiple geographically oriented teams of project engineering and construction professionals
- Manage pipeline, capacity, and growth to ensure the Engineering and Construction group delivers on its build targets
- Drive cost reduction campaigns and innovative strategies to reduce cost and project timelines
- Partner with Volta’s Site Sales leadership team to ensure coordination and acceleration of the network pipeline
- Establish, train and maintain 3rd party relationships with design and construction partnersIdentify and drive ongoing improvements to knowledge management and project management systems with the appropriate internal partners
- Partner with Supply Chain and Network Development leadership to drive S&OP alignment and forecasting
- Continue and improve upon a culture of detailed adherence to safety protocols and risk management
- 7+ years experience in construction or construction project management
- 7+ years experience managing teams and driving strategic initiatives
- Highly organized, with experience leveraging productivity tools and workflows to manage a large volume of projects across large geographies
- Experience in Level 2 and DC Fast charging infrastructure, battery storage, or solar deployment highly preferred
- Working in an environment that requires changing pace, redirecting your thinking, and embracing new procedures is exciting to you
- You are scrappy and entrepreneurial and achieve results with far fewer resources than a big company would have