VP, Director of Social Strategy
The VP, Director of Social Strategy will lead a best-in-class centralized team of Social Marketers and Social Strategists responsible for all aspects of social platform expertise, social strategy & thought leadership, community management, conversational moderation, social measurement and insights, paid social media integration, content optimization, innovation and client stewardship across dozens of clients. This position bears accountability for all deliverables and work produced by his/her team and is charged with consistently innovating, creating industry-moving thought leadership, and partnering with leaders across the agency who oversee paid media, analytics, content, creative, etc.
Additionally, this person is responsible for building and maintaining better processes for more efficient, integrated activation and agency-wide collaboration, as well as innovating the work product consistently. The ideal candidate for this role has experience managing a large team and working with creatives, writing incisive creative briefs, and has overseen various aspects of digital platform activation, social community best practices and key consumer/user behaviors. Knowledge of social marketing strategies, tactics and emerging applications, as well as the convergence of social, mobile and digital marketing technologies, is critical.
- Create and carry out the vision for the Social Marketing capability at dentsu, expanding the impact and influence of the team while working collaboratively with other capability leads at the agency. Ensure the agency is set up for success in social organizationally and strategically based on where consumer and technology trends are headed.
- Drive social innovation and excellence across the entire agency as well as within the Social Marketing group. Innovation & excellence should be manifested in the work – both creative output and media activation. Foster an environment on the SM team which encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation and creativity
- Oversee a team of ~40 people on the Social Marketing team, guiding them in their wide range of responsibilities, providing evaluation, mentorship, counsel, and determining assignments, promotions, and incentives. Lead and coach the team to up-level their strategic skills and continually push the boundaries in social.
- Mentor and cultivate the management and leadership skills of new and existing managers on the tea
- Guide the development and growth of the entire team ensuring they are effectively meeting their goals and responsibilities as well as helping to nurture their career path
- Oversee all social creative & content briefs developed by Social Strategists, ensuring that they are insightful, incisive, and clear, and that they are well-positioned to lead to innovative and best-in-class creative work and content.
- Interface regularly with senior level clients, acting as a strategic and trusted partner to them, helping them solve business problems through the lens of social and ensuring that they view dentsu as an essential thought leader and innovator when it comes to their social presence.
- Maintain strategic relationships with all social platforms and ensure that dentsu is getting access to new and differentiated products from the platforms.
- Ensure all members of the team can assist in high level social crisis resolution; advise clients and work with internal team
- Lead the composition of thoughtful POVs on how to leverage social, digital and mobile media to help our clients improve their competitive position, consumer sentiment, and sales in a measurable manner
- Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns across a cross-functional team, ensuring proper integration and alignment with overall marketing strategy
- At times, function as a strong individual contributor by owning client relationships, developing social strategies, and seeing social campaigns through to execution in market
- Be a strong contributor to and leader of new business pitches, both in the cultivation of new business opportunities as well as in the presentation development & delivery and closing of business.
- 15+ years of overall business experience with a majority of experience in a consumer facing agency or brand in a strategic, analytical, creative or marketing role
- At least 5 years management experience managing a team of 10+ people working in digital marketing, preferably at an advertising, PR, media buying, digital marketing or social media Agency
- Expertise in social marketing platforms, with proficiencies in content, influence, media, measurement and publishing tools
- Understanding of and experience driving social content strategy inclusive of UGC, influencer, publisher, and brand content
- Knowledge of key performance metrics for paid/earned/owned media with focus on analytics and optimization as well as leading vendor partners in the space
- Ability to gather client inputs and effectively translate them into a cohesive social media strategy, complete with associated work plans for earned, owned and paid social media
- Strong experience in distilling research inputs into remarkable insights, and writing creative briefs to inspire campaign ideation
- Ability to communicate data and reports to optimize strategic recommendations in clear, cogent fashion
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments for projects from concept to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; including the ability to present to VP and C Level executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Passion for innovation and breaking the mold, always doing things differently and better, utilizing existing tools and platforms in new and interesting ways
- A team player with a positive attitude who is able to handle stressful situations and deadlines calmly
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with passion, a can-do attitude, and minimal direction
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying. #LI-SS3