VP, Direct to Consumer
You know the moment. It’s the first notes of that song you love, the intro to your favorite movie, or simply the sound of someone you love saying “hello.” It’s in these moments that sound matters most.
At Bose, we believe sound is the most powerful force on earth. We’ve dedicated ourselves to improving it for nearly 60 years. And we’re passionate down to our bones about making whatever you’re listening to a little more magical.
The Marketing team at Bose consists of passionate, bold, and music-loving storytellers. We tap into the magic of what makes Bose, BOSE, and through our marketing efforts, connect that magic with people who relate to our belief that sound is the most powerful force on earth.
The VP, Direct-to-Consumer is responsible for defining the ecommerce strategy, creating a world-class experience for consumers, and running the overall sales and P&L for Bose’s DTC business. Reporting to our Chief Marketing Officer, this person will build, manage, and lead the ecommerce experience across the Bose sites, and app including responsibility for digital product management, development roadmaps, product experiences, merchandising, content UX, UI, Design, SEO, testing, analytics, CRM, performance marketing, and customer service.
- Develop and drive ecommerce strategy including channel differentiation to maximize the consumer value exchange.
- Identify, recommend, and execute strategies and tactics to further elevate the experience.
- Ensure an exciting an evolving digital customer experience with a focus on storytelling through our product and digital capabilities with emphasis on emerging capabilities like visual commerce, live stream, event driven commerce in our owned channels, and integration with social media and third-party ecommerce platforms.
- Deliver on Bose’s ambitious ecommerce revenue targets, including annual targets and long-range plans.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Brand Marketing, Creative, Sales, IT and Product teams to ensure alignment across ecommerce initiatives.
- Collaborate with Brand and Product teams to develop vision and strategy for consumer experiences balancing business needs with technological capabilities.
- Lead the digital product teams to establish and execute on an effective, prioritized roadmap to deliver on key initiatives.
- Build and ensure a cohesive, high-performing technical team to deliver growth goals.
- Research industry trends, leading the e-commerce teams to test, learn, and capitalize on opportunities.
- Closely works with Sales team to create an industry leading shopping experience that bridges the gap between physical and digital retail.
- Develop best in class digital merchandizing capabilities with strong tie to brand storytelling.
- Manage and optimize the online assortment while managing seasonal promotions and price management, product, and content.
- Deliver upon new customer acquisition and customer retention goals as key enablers of planned top line growth.
- Effectively collaborates with technical teams to meet the needs of our consumer with broad implementation of personalized experiences.
- Drive change by fostering a winning culture that elevates channel performance while driving teammate engagement.
- Reinforce continuous Test & Learn effort.
- Oversee and prioritize project roadmap to maximize value.
- Make SEO a true priority to gain authority in necessary areas.
- Make data driven decisions while constantly testing and learning and consistently providing post-program ROI analysis paired with consumer insights to make recommendations to increase sales and drive a premium brand experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Digital Strategy - shows visionary thinking and demonstrates expert knowledge to solve complex, organization-wide, or externally facing issues.
- Analytical – can recognize patterns and drive data-based decisions and elevate demand generation practice.
- Great Partner - strong relationship and consensus building skills.
- Leadership - Track record of hiring, leading, and training high-performing digital teams.
- Gifted Communicator - excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively present to senior leadership
- Organized - strong organizational and project management skills.
- Right brain/left brain - Highly passionate, problem solver with strong creative and analytical skills
- Storyteller – understands merchandising, content, design, and user experience to create the most compelling presentation possible.
Education & Experiences:
- 20+ years in a digital capacity managing Ecommerce Site Experience and holding a General Manager position.
- People Manager
- Diversity mindset
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.