VP, Digital Storefronts
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
The VP, Digital Storefronts is responsible for all aspects of global account management and platform merchandising for digital platforms such as PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo and Steam. This role is also responsible for trade marketing in support of the physical business.
Digital Storefront Strategy
- Manage and lead the digital retail lifecycle for the entire slate through retailer marketing initiatives across digital platforms and marketplaces.
- Manage relationships with digital storefront partners, meeting with key functional and decision makers to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and authority as well as relationships of trust and mutual partnership.
- Develop and implement comprehensive, premium merchandising programs to support new release titles, product updates and catalog products, driving the achievement of product launch goals and overall profit targets.
- Orchestrate storefront efforts across multiple internal functions to amplify brand strategies and maximize product performance through innovative promotions, account partnerships and sales tactics.
- Collaborate with regional sales teams and partners to conceptualize and develop best in class, account-specific programs.
- Own and optimize first party media and related strategy.
- Set the strategy for and align pricing worldwide, collaborating as needed with other key internal stakeholders.
- Oversee metadata across all online stores.
- Slate and sku planning
- Nurture the physical retail business through impactful retail marketing activities across all new release and catalog titles.
- 10+ years of progressive marketing or sales experience, including at least 3 years working with digital platforms and/or partners.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Significant games industry experience required.
- Deep competitive understanding of the games industry with special focus on the applicable job functions including price, promotion, digital transactions and metadata.
- Strong commercial orientation and understanding of the levers available to drive product performance and achievement of metrics.
- Strong commercial negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required. Must be able to convey complext information in a clear, succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability to lead and inspire confidence in teams.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills required.
- Must demonstrate exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must be diplomatic, collaborative and able to work across other functional areas and business units to accomplish goals.
- Requires strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Some travel required (up to 25%)
- Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $192,500.00 - $357,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.