VP, Digital Productions
HBONew York, NY1M ago
The VP of Digital Productions will be responsible for the strategic vision and leading the team as they develop high quality and creative content that informs, engages, and empowers our audience. This key leadership role requires an experienced content creator that can marry news and creative storytelling with a thorough understanding of audience behaviors and needs. The VP must have experience building community and the ability to finetune strategy based on user feedback. The ideal candidate has deep news and digital/social experience, and the proven ability to navigate and lead a team through the changing media landscape. The position requires a proven leader and manager who is agile and can communicate clearly and effectively. Success will require this position to build strong partnerships across the global organization.
- Set the strategy direction and lead content development for the editorial teams.
- Lead team to create compelling content around topical news and key issues of the moment.
- Leverage audience data and insight to provide informed rationale for content strategies and products.
- Develop and deliver work at scale without sacrificing quality
- Establish and expand the voice of new content
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to develop, execute and deliver on big ideas and priorities
- Drive the people agenda to build a team and culture in line with the organization's values.
- 12+ years in a deadline-driven, high-profile news environment.
- 5+ year of leadership with a proven track record building, managing and coaching teams.
- Proven ability to develop and produce video over mobile and/or television platforms.
- A creative portfolio of proven work with an ability to generate and develop new ideas
- Expertise creating diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling.
- Passion for breaking news.
- Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities
- Ability to think outside the box, innovate, and lead the team through testing and learning
- Superior leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a fast pace, 24/7 news environment
- Track record of success in experimental environments that are subject to change
- Strong operational and business acumen
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.