The VP, Digital Personalization will drive business results and provide strategic guidance by leading the design, development and execution of personalization technology that delivers best in class customer experience. This role will support the development and refinement of digital journeys across the web and apps focusing on engaging consumers online throughout the customer lifecycle. The VP Digital Personalization will collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to identify use cases and enable targeting of key audience segments both on and offsite and lead Digital Personalization (Segmentation & Targeting) and Optimization (A/B, MVT website testing) projects.
To accomplish this, the VP of Digital Personalization will need to be rooted in user experience and comfortable working with personalization technology platforms. This role will act a subject matter expert and help envision, sell in, and build the platform of the future for the Company. This role will also have primary responsibility for providing forward thinking and insightful analysis and managing personalization roadmap.
We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility. You have the option to be remote, and work from home, or come into one of our offices. You may be occasionally requested to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
- Help identify use case opportunities that drive user engagement.
- Translate requirements into implementation roadmaps and project plans.
- Prepare project status reports; revise project plan as needed.
- Direct and monitor project activity across Business Platforms or Functions.
- Assist with or prepare project implementation steps and documentation as appropriate; ensures a smooth implementation of project; resolves problems.
- Provide training on marketing technologies as applicable.
- Facilitate launching of personalization campaigns, trouble shoots as needed and ensures successful campaign execution from start to finish.
- Participate in project evaluation against estimated plans and provides continuing support and service as required.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR in lieu of degree, high school diploma/GED and 10+ years of digital marketing experience
- 7+ years progressive experience in digital marketing, website A/B testing and campaign management
- Direct experience working with marketing technologies such as Adobe Test & Target, Dynamic Yield and Optimizely
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time or as needed
- Proven collaborative skill sets, experience developing plans and consistently meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and Resourceful: proven ability to problem solve, develop and execute a range of recommendations to meet business objectives
- Excellent team skills; flexibility to pivot with strategy, regulatory and market evolution; and proven ability to work cross functionally, as well as within own function
- Strong project management & communication skills
- Experience with Data Management Platform (DMP), Content Management System (CMS), Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence is desirable but not mandatory
- Agency, e-commerce or direct experience in consumer financial services with exposure to credit card or retail environment or other heavily regulated industries
The salary range for this position is 110,000.00 – 185,000.00 USD Annual and is eligible for an annual bonus based on individual and company performance.
Actual compensation offered within the posted salary range will be based upon work experience, skill level or knowledge.
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA, NY Metro and Seattle.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 18 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+, with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with an opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time