VP, Digital Media
The Vice President, Digital Media, is a full-time, senior marketing role charged with creating compelling digital marketing strategies to drive top-line revenue growth. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this position will focus on optimizing the media mix to deliver on forecasted volumes of high-value student inquiries within budget. The VP, Digital Media will lead a team of digital media professionals who manage a $70 million media budget with a track record of achieving key operational and financial targets. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of digital marketing platforms, ecosystems, and capabilities, including the evolving landscape of critical channels. The position will be based in Chandler, Arizona. Zovio’s mission is to help everyone be in a class of their own – this role is critical to helping the organization to deliver on that promise.
- Develop and lead digital marketing strategy in collaboration with marketing and operations leadership to meet business objectives
- Generate quarterly and annual plans to enroll more, higher potential students at a lower total cost per acquisition
- Lead a monthly review and budgeting process to continually tune performance, align expectations with enrollment operations and business line leadership
- Paid Search, Paid Social, Mobile, Video, Display, and Programmatic planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, testing, analysis, and forecasting for our various brands
- Lead, manage, and develop the digital team to support the timely and smooth execution of the media strategy
- Manage attribution and measurement to allocate fund across channels and optimize performance within channels
- Guide the development and execution of vendor-specific plans to ensure strong relationships and to realize maximum value for both partners
- Leverage relationships to drive innovation in digital marketing and acquisition
- Be a thought leader and partner in driving data-driven decisions that support improved results
- Collaborate with peers in Marketing and other functions to generate and use insight about the student and the business to optimize media spend
- Participate in the development of board and executive management presentations
- Assess ongoing digital marketing processes and tools to support continuous improvement
- 12+ years’ experience in digital media and marketing campaigns
- 4+ years’ experience in Paid Search and Paid Social
- Strategic, results-oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent quantitative skills with expertise in multivariate analyses and model development
- Deep understanding of how marketing strategy, advertising, and the website interact
- Experience in testing design and execution
- Obsessed with maximizing LTV and ROI
- Superb presentation and verbal/written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to problem solve critical business issues
- Ability to think creatively and conceptualize new approaches
- Strong track record of gettings things done on time with high quality
- Customer-service orientation with specific experience managing senior-level stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or relevant field – MBA preferred
If a degree or education credit minimum is required for the position, all education must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (official transcripts) upon request.
Who you are:
- Integrity is more than a buzz word to you
- You inspire others to learn more and become more
- You make decisions and own it
- You don’t settle for good , you strive for great
- You crave change, you embrace it
- We’re an organization changing and shaping the lives of learnings across the country. Whether directly or indirectly, you’ll be helping make a real difference in the world.
- Our environment and culture encourages collaboration, requires communication and rewards risk-taking.
- We try hard to provide a good work life balance. We think we’re a great place to work that also allows you to have down time with friends and family.
- We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. In fact, we offer 16 hours of paid time off for you to volunteer, in addition to your vacation days and company holidays.
- We want you to live a healthy lifestyle, and offer wellness programs, fitness centers, and onsite health clinics.
- Zovio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity of thought, culture, identity, and experience are important for what we’re doing. If everyone here thought alike, we’d never come up with anything new, much less anything bold or innovative. We want you to be your whole self here, and appreciate the unique nature of the people around you, too.
Zovio’s purpose is to help everyone be in a class of their own.