VP, Digital Experience & Ecommerce
We are seeking an experienced and visionary Vice President of Digital Experience & Ecommerce to lead our digital initiatives and ensure the seamless integration of technology, design, and user experience to drive the growth of the online businesses.
You will be responsible for developing and executing our digital strategy, driving and leading the eCommerce day to day business, increasing customer engagement, and delivering a best-in-class digital experience that aligns with our business objectives and financial goals.
This is a strategic leadership role, requiring a deep understanding of digital trends, exceptional communication skills, and a proven track record of success in driving digital transformation and an eCommerce business.
You will report directly to the President & General Manager, Salomon North America
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK & PLAY:
- Hybrid work schedule
- A generous PTO policy, plus 15 paid annual holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Half-day Fridays for 6 months of the year
- An exceptional employee discount on all our products and sister brands (Arc’teryx, Armada, Atomic, Wilson)
- “Powder Bell” powder days throughout the winter season
- Free gym membership and resort season pass to local locations & mountains
- Opportunities to engage in the community and with industry partners
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
VP, Digital Experience & ECommerce is responsible for defining the North American regions overall digital strategy in collaboration with global brand messaging, requiring insight and understanding of digital channels, bringing brand positioning and overall campaign communications to life by evaluating and determining which digital and social platforms bring the strongest value.
- Digital Strategy Development: Create and direct a comprehensive data-driven, long term digital roadmap and strategy that aligns with the organization's financial goals, enhances brand presence, and drives consumer acquisition and retention through top line growth and business results.
- Ecommerce Business: Lead the ownership and growth of the eCommerce operations, performance marketing strategy and analytics to create a best-in-class consumer online experience. Deliver strong results through testing & optimization activities to increase conversion and loyalty to the brand.
- User Experience (UX) Design: Lead the development and execution of a user-centric approach to digital design through integrated website analytics, consumer behavior research, business objectives, content, and technology capabilities to design compelling user experiences for new digital functionality and enhancements.
- Consumer Retention & Loyalty: Devising and supporting the regional implementation, operation and evolution of the loyalty program and retention strategy to maximize customer lifetime value and revenue generation on D2C channels and increase CRM revenue contribution.
- Digital Marketing: Collaborate with the marketing teams to develop and execute data-driven performance marketing campaigns that drive brand awareness, customer engagement, and lead generation. Champion best practices regarding the measurement of performance marketing, ad effectiveness, traffic mix, and campaign optimization.
- Technology Integration: Work closely to identify and implement the latest digital tools, platforms, and technologies that enhance the digital experience, improve operational efficiency, and drive innovation.
- Analytics and Insights: Utilize data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of digital initiatives, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven recommendations for optimizing the consumer experience.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Foster strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, including marketing, product development, and customer service, to ensure alignment and seamless execution of digital initiatives.
- Team Leadership: Lead a high-performing digital experience team, providing guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities to team members.
- Industry Trends Monitoring: Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in digital experience to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related digital/eCommerce field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven record of at least 10 years of senior strategic eCommerce experience with a strong focus on outdoor and/or running or Retail multi-channel industry.
- Experience must include analytics-based decision-making where success is measured in terms of eCommerce revenue, gross margin, consumer growth, acquisition costs and lifetime value. Outdoor and/or running industry a plus.
- Demonstrated success in growing and driving successful eCommerce business with full P&L responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of eCommerce day to day operations, performance marketing principles, UX/UI design, web analytics, and technology integration.
- Oversee the management of day-to-day site operations, inventory management, content execution, consumer acquisition/growth/retention, digital/performance marketing, social media, loyalty programs, and consumer data and site analytics.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in growing and leading high-performing teams through the ability to influence other and champion projects on the brands’ behalf.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions that will drive top-line growth and business results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels in an international matrix environment.
- Ability to partner and work with a centralized global team with various priorities and objectives.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and innovatively to deliver exceptional digital experiences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop, crouch, twist and lift to 30 pounds, with or without accommodation.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Permanent Contract, Full Time