As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
At Tinder, we believe in...
Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members.
Authenticity + Collaboration
We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
This position can be located in Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Create, lead and deliver a unified creative direction for Tinder as we continue to reach the next generation of singles
- Create and drive Tinder's design strategy across Product, User Experience, Brand, and Content Strategy, collaborating with key partners to bring the vision to fruition.
- Set the bar for solid design practice and create the spaces and structures for designers, creatives, and researchers to do their best work
- Partner closely with Tinder's CPO and CMO to create a winning and compelling product and brand vision.
- Build relationships with cross-functional leaders across Tinder and effectively speak to process, design goals, and team vision as the executive representative of the design team.
- Recruit, grow, lead and retain a strong team of diverse and inclusive product designers, art directors, copywriters, researchers, and functional leaders.
- Lead the design team throughout the design process, connecting the brand and user experience across all touch-points.
- Create processes and deliverables to improve the business's design processes, operations, and tools.
- Guarantee the overall quality of design output and its contribution to business objectives.
- Solidify and communicate design principles that provide strategic direction.
- Ensure that qualitative and quantitative research is integrated into all product and creative development efforts, ensuring iterative design thinking.
- Proactively assess user experience and brand risks, raise flags and resolve issues before they become bigger problems.
- Working closely with the Product Management team, continuously connect consumer metrics to design thinking.
- 15+ years of experience in design, with a proven pulse on design trends coupled with a deep understanding of mobile product experience.
- 7+ years of experience leading the entire design process across a team of designers and managers.
- A diverse portfolio of work that illustrates your ability to have an impact and lead at the project level, product level, organization level, and company level.
- A demonstrated ability to hire, lead, and develop product designers, graphic designers, content designers, and researchers at the department level.
- Experience developing and executing strategic plans and essential metrics.
- Clear communication skills and storytelling abilities.
- Consistent track record of designing user-friendly experiences that help the company achieve business goals.
- Systems thinking, problem-solving abilities, and critical thinking skills required.
- You have experience in leading a brand refresh with an established product.
The salary range for this position is $285,000- $310,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in California. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.