VP, Deputy General Counsel
SurveyMonkeySan Mateo, CA20 days ago
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
What we're looking for
Reporting to our Chief Legal Officer, we are looking for an accomplished corporate securities lawyer to join our legal and corporate affairs team as Vice President and Deputy General Counsel - Corporate & Compliance. We're seeking someone with experience in corporate governance, securities, M&A, and global compliance and corporate structure issues to the lead the corporate legal team. This role will also have oversight of litigation matters and manage the equity administration team. This is an exciting opportunity to serve as a trusted advisor to the CLO and other key members of the executive team, and to partner with leaders of many SurveyMonkey teams, including corporate development, investor relations, accounting/SEC reporting, tax, treasury, and compensation and benefits. You will also interface with our board of directors and help drive legal and corporate strategic initiatives.
- Lead the corporate, compliance and litigation function within the legal and corporate affairs team.
- Oversee all matters related to corporate governance, securities, M&A and international corporate structuring. You will also manage the equity administration and compliance teams, as well as litigation matters.
- Work with executive team members, our board of directors and other internal clients and key partners.
- Engage and manage external legal counsel, as needed.
- Build relationships with and support other members of the legal and corporate affairs team and other teams across the company.
- 15+ years of corporate securities experience; in-house corporate experience is a plus.
- Law degree with a strong academic record.
- Membership in local state bar or are eligible to register as registered in-house counsel.
- Strong corporate governance experience, including management of board and stockholder communications, drafting and presenting board and board committee materials, and participating in annual and special stockholder meeting processes; international corporate governance experience (e.g., management of global subsidiaries and experience with intercompany structure and agreements).
- Experience drafting, editing and filing SEC documents.
- Excellent strategic negotiation skills and experience managing transactions (e.g., mergers and acquisitions, financings, debt transactions, etc.), as well as general project management capabilities to drive execution across teams.
- The ability and desire to foster strong relationships with internal clients, and to have fun!
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.