VP, Data Strategy
MastercardPurchase, NY - Toronto, Canada - Salt Lake City, UT - O'Fallon, MO8 days ago
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Data StrategyOverview
- The Data Strategy team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Chief Data Office) is responsible for developing and driving data strategies for Mastercard’s product and services teams. The team ensures that Mastercard maintains and increases the value of Mastercard’s data assets as we build new products and services that collect, use or share data.
- The VP, Data Strategy is responsible for understanding and coordinating the business unit’s strategy and related product designs and for translating that information into a data strategy and data requirements for the products and services provided by that business unit. This role will be part of the relevant business team managing data issues, while working as part of the central Data Strategy and Management team to manage data issues that need to be resolved across business teams at an organization-wide level.
VP, Data Strategy
- Enable the development of data based products and solutions for the Finicity business in conjunction with Mastercard’s pre-existing businesses while identifying requirements related to data infrastructure, governance and organization.
- Lead the design for the creation of new data capabilities for accessing and using new data assets from Finicity and other open banking assets. Design and create new data pipes, compliance infrastructure, and the ability to combine the data with third party data, and other Mastercard data assets.
- Understand the Finicity and related NAM and global Open Banking teams’ business strategies, information infrastructure and data needs for both new and existing products and services across various product initiatives within the respective business unit.
- Work with the Operations & Technology team in the building and running of new data capabilities and infrastructure.
- Develop and operationalize requirements for building credit products in compliance with applicable fair lending laws.
- Translate business strategy into data strategy and requirements for the products and solutions for the business units, and the identify related data gaps and required remediation.
- Identify data-related process, policy, governance and infrastructure requirements resulting from new and evolving product constructs
- Develop frameworks for the business unit’s collection use, sharing and disclosure of data taking into consideration the data, operational, reputational and partnership-related requirements for the business
All About You
- Significant experience in data design and product development, including for regulated data such as credit data, and with analytical products
- Strong data analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to create strategies and plans that define how information can be utilized to support an organization's overall business strategy, and how that information and data is organized, and governed inside an organization
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs
- Familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.