Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. We are looking for a VP of Customer Experience to drive strategy and execution of our end to end customer experience with the brand as we scale the business. This role will be responsible for developing an overarching strategy for all things related to our customer touch points across all channels. You will be a pivotal voice on our senior leadership team in how we scale how customers interact with Away on our website, in our stores, and across phone, email, livechat, and more as we grow Away into the #1 travel brand globally.
As the VP of CX, you will oversee service strategy, operational excellence, and lead the customer experience for pre and post purchase support to our customers across all shopping channels. The VP will evolve, develop, and build a best-in-class team that creates unique experiences that meet the needs of every customer while improving key customer satisfaction metrics. The VP of CX will demonstrate a strategic mind-set that can articulate multiple business objectives, at an executive level, while driving results and improving every interaction our customer has with Away.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a strategic lead for major cross-functional projects that serve to improve the Away customer journey, from re-imagining customer support to the creation of loyalty and membership programs to rethinking how we build relationships with our customers
- Lead the strategy and execution of our end to end customer experiences via our customer experience platforms including phone, email, live chat, and social media
- Work with current customer care team to define goals and service levels to ensure the best customer experience and then develop structures, rules and policies within customer care to ensure KPIs are met
- Serve as a business leader within the organization, partnering with leadership across Ecommerce, Retail, Marketing, Technology and other cross-functional teams to scope out and further improve internal tools and systems to drive delightful customer and community experience
- Lead the exploration and implementation of technology solutions to scale our experience, including new channels and company-wide tools (e.g., CRM)
- Lead the development of the future state of our customer care team, including potential for support from remote employees, part time employees, and/or agency support to ensure the scalability of the exceptional experience we strive to deliver to all of our customers
- Find ways to utilize our customer care team and tools not just for reactive support, but for proactive clienteling and relationship building to promote customer happiness and retention
Who you are:
- You have at least 10+ years of relevant work experience in customer experience
- You make every decision with the customer at the forefront, putting experience first and how we make it happen second
- You are knowledgeable of the latest best practices and technologies in the CX ecosystem and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- You have a strong track record of people management with in-house and remote and/or agency teams; you are low-ego, high-energy, and exhibit the qualities of a servant leader, always asking what you can do to make everyone around you more successful
- You are able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a futuristic mindset around where we’ll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- You are data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand
- You are curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- You can see the big picture, but are willing to dive into the details to move projects along
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.