VP Credit Analyst, Leveraged Credit
Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together — with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough … we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.
Are you ready to join a company with a strong purpose and a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Voya Financial is seeking an experienced Software & Technology Analyst to join its Leveraged Credit Group. Voya’s Leveraged Credit Group is a leading buy-side investment team managing approximately $28 billion of assets with a focus on Leveraged Loans and High Yield Bonds. The Credit Analyst will support the research and portfolio management staff in the evaluation and presentation of new investment ideas, provide ongoing monitoring of financial trends and performance of existing portfolio investments, and conduct and disseminate industry-specific research.
The Contributions You Will Make
- Fundamental credit analysis of both Loan & HY issuers to assess the risks of current portfolio positions and potential new investments. Analysis to focus on macro environment and industry conditions, company business strategy and management, historical financial trends, and future expectations, among other factors
- Investment recommendations across a range of account types. Each recommendation to be supported by written investment memo and financial model supporting the rationale for the investment. Ongoing monitoring of investments to include updates to financial models / internal tracking memos highlighting changes in fundamental factors and relative value considerations
- Relative value analysis of potential investments versus alternative investment options – both within and across industry sectors
- Frequent communication with portfolio managers and traders, senior management teams of portfolio issuers. Develop and maintain relationships with other buy-side analyst as well as Wall Street sales and capital market contacts to facilitate the flow of credit and market information
- This role will focus on coverage of the Software & Technology industry
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- 10 plus years of credit/financial statement analysis experience with at least 5 years’ experience covering Software & Technology industry
- Credit analysis skills and the ability to translate credit analysis to investment recommendations
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Bloomberg
- Developed understanding of financial and accounting concepts with the ability to build and maintain financial models
- Enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to perform independently in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to manage several tasks in an organized and efficient manner
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- MBA and / or CFA strongly desired
- Leverage Loan / High Yield experience is strongly preferred
Compensation Pay Disclosure:
Voya is committed to pay that’s fair and equitable, which means comparable pay for comparable roles and responsibilities.
The below annual base salary range reflects the expected hiring range(s) for this position in the location(s) listed. In addition to base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities (i.e., annual cash incentives, sales incentives, and/or long-term incentives) based on the role to reward the achievement of annual performance objectives. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Voya Financial is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
Actual compensation offered may vary from the posted salary range based upon the candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
$140,000 to $200,000 USDBe Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Voya is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Voya will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please reference resources for applicants with disabilities.