VP, Content Research
HBOBurbank, CA1M ago
As the leader of HBO & HBO Max Content Research, you will be responsible for conducting innovative qualitative and quantitative research supporting all HBO Max, and HBO original content. This position is a part of a team of strategic research & insights storytellers who partner closely with programming, development, and marketing stakeholders on original content and marketing strategy insights. Your storytelling skills will transform data into actionable insights to support exceptional content creation. This position requires someone who has a strong understanding of creative and research processes and how the two intersect most efficiently. You are a self-starter, deeply curious, exceptionally organized, and proactive. This position will lead a team of 4-6 researchers, partner and collaborate with colleagues across the Warner Media Studios & Networks Research organization.
- Serve as a key point of information for strategic decision-making for senior executives.
- Display strong creativity, strategic thinking, executive presence, thought-leadership, problem-solving skills with the ability to explain the logic behind solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong writer and expert in telling stories with data - Manage projects like pilot and binge studies from design through the presentation to uncover and disseminate actionable insights.
- Develop target audiences and deliver insightful learnings to inform marketing campaigns through creative positioning and spot/copy studies.
- Uncover trends and gaps to inform content strategy.
- Innovate with research vendors on new methodologies, processes, and tools to enhance insights.
- Lead, manage and mentor the team
- 10+ years of experience in quantitative and qualitative research, grounded in established survey methodologies, questionnaire writing, analytical techniques, and report writing.
- 5+ years' experience in building, managing, and leading a high-performing team.
- Experience at a Direct-To-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD or research company.
- Deep understanding of how to translate the consumer's voice into actionable insights for different internal audiences.
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in verbal, visual, and written formats to executives/senior management.
- Excellent ability to think strategically, analyze large data sets, create an articulate, engaging narrative, and craft data visualization that is contextually impactful.
- Strong design and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with an unparalleled ability to get things done.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Exceptional relationship building and collaboration skills.
- Support for next-level manager, under the guidance of the Vice President.
- Ability to guide and lead junior staff.
- A passion for television shows and movies.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
The Nice to Haves
- Statistical knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of media measurement methodologies.
- Experience with Nielsen data systems such as NPower.
- Graduate degree
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.