VP, Compliance Officer
TIAAUnited Statesa month ago
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Compliance Officer implements broader planning for business unit compliance programs in order to ensure organization functions are in compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies and to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper business practices within the organization. Working as a subject matter expert under limited supervision, this job manages large projects and processes to identify, investigate, and report compliance risks. This job also provides recommendations for policy and procedure revisions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages compliance risk assessments to identify compliance issues, concerns, and deficiencies.
- Conducts complex investigations in response to complaints and/or potential violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manages organization and implementation of compliance audits.
- Oversees development and implementation of corrective action plans to resolve problematic compliance issues, ensuring that compliance deficiencies are corrected and providing guidance to management on how to avoid or handle similar situations in the future.
- Reviews and approves reports on the results of compliance and ethics initiatives of the business unit, and communicates key takeaways from reports to management.
- Develops and implements preventative measures and compliance processes, identifies opportunities to improve the communication, monitoring, and/or enforcement of business unit compliance programs, and recommends relevant revisions of policies and procedures to improve the general operation of business unit compliance programs to management.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level team members.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
This position is open across the U.S. with preferred locations in Chicago, NY and Charlotte, NC
- Reviews incident reports, complaints and compliance risk assessments, and interviews business unit leaders, to identify Fund-related compliance issues, concerns, and deficiencies.
- Drafts reports to the Fund Board and/or Nuveen management on the results of compliance and ethics initiatives, and participates in the discussion of those results with those audiences.
- Prepares quarterly communications to the Fund Board about overall Fund compliance and operational integrity.
• 5 Years of experience in Compliance Investment Management or Securities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 Years of experience in Compliance Investment Management or Securities
Minimum Pay: $72,700.00
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice. For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice. For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.