VP, Commercial Partnerships & Strategy
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
Reporting to the Co-CEO, the VP, Commercial Partnerships & Strategy is responsible for the strategy, delivery, and execution of strategic partnerships and other key relationships in the apparel new product introduction, innovation, and commercialization spaces.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of the apparel manufacturing landscape as it is undergoing rapid transformation. Your focus will be to identify, craft, and close product development commercialization partnerships with leading apparel companies, bringing our unique automation and material science technology to market.
Partnership management shall be driven across the entire lifecycle from target identification, commercial agreement creation, client product development to applied technology, design, and testing process, from conception to commercial launch. You will lead the company in driving the commercial strategy and story, in bringing our unique automation and material science technology to market after years of research and development. This is a highly creative, strategic, and entrepreneurial role, with cross-functional collaboration with hardware/software engineering, automation, material science, apparel product innovation, and sales & marketing teams. You will be extending and developing existing commercial partnership discussions the company already has underway, as well as drive new potential partnerships.
This is a unique role for those that want to be a part of stewarding something entirely disruptive and new from the lab to the shop floor. The intent is to drive select and existing partnerships to market adoption. Our technology and material sciences stack is at a point of maturity that it is primed to develop commercially.
- Design and scale processes for establishing external partnerships, and apply best practices to structure multilayered B2B deals that lead to new strategic partnerships for new product introduction with leading apparel brands
- Working closely with teams across the company and other internal and external stakeholders, you will use cross-functional leadership skills to set realistic goals, manage expectations, prioritize needs, and develop solutions across competing interests
- Serve as the bridge between the internal technology and material science teams, product and business groups and commercial partners, serving as the key relationship point of contact
- Build, maintain, and evolve relationships with partners and leverage internal resources to ensure they have the tools they need to succeed
- Execute business deals from inception to completion, applying advanced analytical thought and judgment to resolve complex or unusual business problems with the support of senior leadership
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan, implement, and constantly fine-tune the partnership framework and onboarding process
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and success of partnership efforts, measuring actual results against desired outcomes, and providing weekly reporting to leadership
- 10+ years apparel new product introduction/apparel technology/componentry/material science, commercialization experience, driving partnerships
- Successful candidates will have experience in new product licensing and apparel partnerships - no need apply if this is not part of your experience
- Strong rolodex based on partnering with leading apparel companies
- Ability to assess and understand phases of apparel product innovation development in applying new processes, materials, and technology to apparel
- Experience executing partnerships with apparel companies, with a strong commercial/legal framework, partnering with legal and sales teams, driving jointly aligned agreements
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Action-oriented self starter with ability to move quickly and build consensus with stakeholders
- An international perspective on business development and partnership activities
Additional Skills/Abilities (Nice to Haves):
- Knowledge of the apparel manufacturing equipment landscape
- BS, MS or MBA, with some new product development / apparel exposure
- Product Marketing experience
- Proven ability to lead company-wide alignment on partner priorities and activities
- Expected salary for New York City applicants only: $207,000 - $248,000 + up-to 15% performance bonus potential + benefits
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.