VP, Cloud Solutions Architect
A Cloud Solutions Architect is primarily responsible for providing technical leadership and architectural direction to all the development teams working on projects to enhance/update existing systems, and in particular to migrate and optimize on Cloud platforms. Furthermore, within the scope of this hybrid on-prem & cloud digital eco-system, this role will formulate ongoing SDLC operational improvements to the current SCRUM based agile methodology adopted by and CI/CD & automation pipelines currently implemented by development teams. Once formulated, this individual will shepherd adoption of these improvements by these software engineering teams. Lastly, this role will oversee overall product management direction and ongoing development activities and operational support performed by the media services development team.
What you'll do:
- Architect cloud optimized micro-services architecture using Docker containers, Serverless components, and Opensource frameworks, libraries, and tools.
- Provide technical leadership on automated deployment of cloud infrastructure, services, and CI/CD
- Provide technical leadership on on-prem to cloud migration projects for legacy systems.
- Perform project and technical management tasks and scrum master functions including maintaining a JIRA Board and running daily stand up meetings, sprint planning sessions, retrospectives and backlog grooming sessions on short to medium term projects involving cloud deployment of micro-services.
- Support development teams by spearheading POC’s to validate and blueprint use of cloud services and Serverless architectures.
- Create, maintain, and communicate project documentation (e.g., Project Plans/Jira Board, SOWs, project
- status slides, etc.) for POC and refactoring/re-platforming activities.
- Manage project scope/prioritization activities and information security requirements to ensure timely
- completion of on-prem to cloud migrations and Greenfield micro-services projects.
- Communicate project status and escalate as needed to stakeholders
- Ensure projects are aligned with appropriate stakeholders – Business owner, Global Technology and
- Information Security
- Identify work streams that require development teams to build new functionality to integrate with new
- micro-service architectures and outline proposed changes and deployment plan for adoption of new
- integration points
- Identify deliverables and track action items and decisions
- Establish milestones and delivery dates
- Maintain an internal project Wiki to share cloud architecture best practices with all development teams
- Ensure security and architecture designs are reviewed and signed-off by Information Securities groups
- Periodically perform team lead admin duties (e.g., resource onboarding, WO renewals, timesheets
- approvals, etc.)
- Help resolve blockers issues or critical bugs when they are identified
Who you are:
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience working on IT related projects.
- Minimum 10 years as a solutions architect responsible for a large deployment at a data center and cloud.
- Minimum 5 year of technical leadership experience migrating a medium to large size legacy application to the AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Minimum 3 year of technical leadership experience deploying a cloud optimized application using cloud
- best practices.
- Proven experience with corporate level security best practices for infrastructure and application
- deployment required.
- Must have hands-on knowledge and experience with micro-service based architecture involving API Gateway, Service discovery and scalable REST services.
- Must have hands-on knowledge and experience with Kubernetes/Docker Containers, Spring Framework
- (esp. Spring Boot), Wildfly, In-Memory, RDBMS, & NoSQL Databases.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of source control management, versioning, automated testing tools
- & methodologies, and software release lifecycle processes.
- Must have hands on experience deploying server less architecture and containerization involving AWS
- services like Lambda, Step functions, Batch etc. and automated Docker image creation/deployment.
- Must have hands on experience using Kafka and RabbitMQ for event stream processing.
- Must have hands on experience building CD/CI pipelines leveraging Ansible, Github, GH actions, Nexus, Jenkins.
- Must have hands on experience with large development projects using node.js, python, and/or Java
- programming languages.
- Must have hands on experience with large development projects using Web frameworks such as
- ReactJS, REST, and GraphQL.
- Ability to work independently and to do the research and experimentation to deliver complete, practical
- solutions without constant guidance and supervision.
- Adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow
- through on projects.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems quickly.
- Past projects should range from full lifecycle, enterprise-level, and commercial-software development to complex web-service architecture design.
- Prior experience in music/media industries preferred
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.