VP Business Development Manager
NokiaMountain View, CA17 days ago
We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks. Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries. Come create the technology to create the world.
About Network Infrastructure
Network Infrastructure, includes IP Routing, Optical Networks and Fixed Networks, as well as Alcatel Submarine Networks business, currently reported under “Group Common.” This business group will respond to the ever-increasing demand for higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds and lower costs.
Job Position Description:
Business Development Manager-IP Routing and Packet Core
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Accountable for breaking in new sales opportunities with strategic business impact within market.
- Evaluates and handles the opportunities in terms of risk analysis and profitability in order to get investment approvals.
- Leads the team to ensure that deals are won in a profitable way.
- Directly responsible for creating and managing top level contacts within the customer's organization.
- Influences functional or even business strategy to address internal or external business and regulatory issues.
- Is responsible for high quality of processes and standards.
- Enriches professional expertise with profound knowledge of the market, competition and / or academic environment in the area of specialization.
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems and thinks beyond existing solutions to create sustainable competitive advantage.
- Ensures alignment of taken decisions with the overall business strategy.
- Ensures the strategic alignment of professional direction for business-relevant organizational units.
- Is recognized as an external thought leader within a strategic function or organizational unit.
- Drives thought leadership, the shaping of functional strategy and senior management advice within the area of expertise, typically with global, sometimes organization wide leverage.
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in the computer networking field.
- 10-15 years’ experience in Business Development role in Service Provider or Enterprise, HW or SW firm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Candidates with Bachelor´s in CS, EE, will be more relevant. Master’s degree a plus.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.