VP, Business Applications
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
The Business Applications team performs a critical function for Fictiv by managing software that is part of the framework used to conduct day-to-day business. This team writes code to provide customized application configuration and data structures, customize workflows, implement monitoring and alerting, secure and control access, and integrate business software with Fictiv platform. Functional areas supported include: Operations, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product, Architecture, and Customer Support. The Business Applications team partners closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure that business systems software is properly secured and has managed change control to meet each of their needs.
This team sets the stage for ensuring Fictiv's business is delivering on KPIs and goals. This team provides inputs for Fictiv’s strategic decision making.
The Business Applications team implements business software across Fictiv’s departments.
Impact in this Role
As the VP of Business Applications you will create, staff and drive multiple Business Application teams to create value for different cross functional departments at Fictiv.
You will be accountable for understanding business requirements, assisting in software selection and vendor selection, staffing, budgeting, working with your teams to create implementation plans, timelines and coordination for development, testing and release of applications, training users, and providing thought leadership for all business application solutions to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations. You will develop strong trust based cross-functional stakeholder relations.
You will build teams of specialists to provide application development and administration services for the department specific software that covers areas such as CRM, CPQ, RFQ, MRP, Program Management, Finance, Mulesoft and other areas. You will provide oversight, mentoring and guidance on complex issues where multiple business processes must flow together seamlessly between business systems.
You will drive integrations between systems to implement business process workflows that are auditable, scalable and secure. You will own the source data quality for business applications. You will establish uptime SLAs and implement proper support protocols.
This role requires extensive experience working with business applications, including Salesforce, Marketo, Netsuite, Atlassian, Slack, Mulesoft and others. As well as multi-tenant Enterprise Platform development experience.
You are responsible for ensuring your teams adhere to all Software Engineering best practices for development, testing, staging and production release of code. Additionally, you will partner closely with the Product, Engineering and Infrastructure teams to provide the team guidance and specific expertise on your areas of specialty with regard to capabilities, standards, customization and integration approaches.
You will partner with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to build and grow the IT organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of the business applications you manage.
- Metrics driven and have the ability to show business value for investments made on business applications.
- Customer driven, establishing clear expectations with stakeholders by providing SLAs backed with multi-tier support mechanisms and measurable uptime metrics.
- Accomplished negotiator, able to navigate complex software licensing models, engagement contracts and support contracts with vendors.
- Technology obsessed, constantly learning how new technologies provide improved efficiencies to business process workflow.
- Strong team builder, who understands deeply the philosophies and psychology behind creating a stable growing cohesive team.
- Strategic thinker, able to see industry and market trends that help you to avoid bad decisions.
- Application roadmap - ensure this roadmap is well understood throughout the business functions and meet emerging requirements.
- Specify implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and reliability of applications and software.
- Develop a long-term team strategy for strategic partnerships and collaboration with departmental leaders across the company to understand their issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 10+ years of IT experience, including demonstrated success in progressively broadening architecture and technology leadership.
- Expertise with managing application development at scale, employing software development life cycle methodologies including Agile and Scrum.
- Experience with leading and coordinating cross-functional initiatives, conducting interviews and performing analyses to create business cases for projects.
- Experience using Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira) for project management.
- Experience in budget planning for projects.
- Extensive knowledge of BI concepts (regressions, sliding window functions, financial metrics, marketing funnel metrics, logistics and fulfillment metrics).
- Experience using Salesforce, Data Analysis Platforms (Sigma, Tableau, Heap, etc.) plus SQL skills and experience writing queries.
- Experience performing live training sessions for internal and external stakeholders during system and process implementation.
- Proven experience working with complex datasets and writing SQL queries with multiple levels of CTEs directly.
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, Heap, Fivetran and SigmaComputing (or similar BI tools such as Tableau, Looker or Quicksight).
- Must have strong communication skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with co-workers.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to lead large projects autonomously.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity and is empathetic to the needs of individuals across the organization.
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people who have strong opinions.
- Comfortable not knowing answers, but resourceful and able to resolve issues.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong project management, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity, asking questions, and adept at shifting priorities.
- Strong customer service skills with proven service mentality.
- Strong in documenting business processes and communicating system requirements.
Traits of a successful partnership
- You have a passionate commitment to people and deep empathy for how supporting individuals leads to a stronger company culture.
- You’re Collaborative – it is expected that you will partner with various departments to ensure organizational needs are met and to develop strategic programs.
- You will serve as an Advocate – in the role, you will solicit and listen to concerns, and take an active role in resolving problems.
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets and work under pressure.
- Ability to set up, facilitate, and lead service and process improvement sessions with a range of business stakeholders.
- Ability to present to groups of mixed technical understanding.
- Adept at creating visuals to tell a story.
- Ability to build strong trust based relationships.
- Adept at shifting priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to recommend actionable insights from projects and lead projects autonomously.
- Ability to travel to remote sites. (less than 25%).
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to learn and understand new ways of doing things.
- Ability to exercise good judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Ability to lead a team towards high quality decisions when they have differing perspectives and ideas.
- Ability to provide business context for engineers as well as highlight technical challenges for non-engineers.
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment; a team player.
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Fictiv is continuing to expand our remote US workforce. Recent hires include professionals located in:
Arizona (AZ), California (CA), District of Columbia, (DC), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Iowa (IA), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Kansas (KS), Massachusetts (MA), Maryland (MD), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), North Carolina (NC), New Hampshire (NH), Nevada (NV), Ohio (OH), Oregon (OR), South Carolina (SC), Texas (TX), Tennessee (TN), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington (WA), West Virginia (WV), Wyoming (WY)
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.