VP, Business and Legal Affairs
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
We are looking to add a VP, Business and Legal Affairs, Content Production, Content Production to our growing legal team. You will play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a variety of licensing, production, production services and co-production agreements for content acquisition. You will be working with your fellow legal colleagues and many teams across the organization, and will have a direct impact on our service as we continue to grow our library and expand our reach internationally.
You are an energetic team player, who is willing to learn and to be challenged. The Tubi Legal Department is fast-paced, challenging, collaborative, and strives to be an excellent partner to our fellow Tubies.
This position is for either our San Francisco or Los Angeles office. However, we will consider applicants who reside in other locations.
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating agreements involving the development and production of original, licensed, and co-produced scripted content including, series and ''movies-of-the-week.'' These agreements will include, without limitation, talent agreements, rights agreements (life-rights, book option etc.), first look/right agreements, and production services agreements
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating content acquisition deals, with an understanding of multi-platform digital rights licensing, drafting/negotiating across all rights and fees structures, and experience negotiating content protection and other IP-related needs
- Some knowledge concerning union (SAG-AFTRA, WGA, DGA, IATSE) and non-union issues, labor and employment law issues, music clearances, intellectual property law, risk management and rights of publicity and privacy
- Working with colleagues to establish best practices, draft templates and identify practical business solutions for driving contracts to close in a manner that balances meeting business objectives and mitigating risk
- Assisting other legal team members with overflow content licensing work and counseling clients as needed. A cooperative, team-focused approach
- Must have superlative communication skills, orally and written, and the ability to proactively collaborate with client group members, provide guidance, and make strategic recommendations in deal-making
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience with digital content acquisition or distribution experience with a studio or other digital media content provider, and/or digital content licensing experience for a direct-to-consumer streaming service, or with a major studio, but including law firm experience, with scripted deal-making experience
- JD received from a ABA-accredited U.S. law school
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills, experienced at drafting complex content acquisition or distribution contracts
- Admission to the State Bar of California is preferred. Registered In-House Counsel is acceptable, provided the individual is licensed in at least one U.S. state
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.