VP, Brand Strategy
Altamonte Springs, FL
Costa Mesa, CA
The Brand Team’s purpose is to build and sustain the Synchrony brand as relevant, inclusive, and compelling for our partners, consumers, employees and prospects.
As a key leader on the brand team, the VP, Brand Strategy will drive the continued development, internal promotion, and evolution of Synchrony’s corporate brand identity as the company continues to grow and expand in size, scope, markets, products and audiences. The ideal candidate will align brand vision throughout the company and champion brand awareness and advocacy.
Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Communications & Brand, this person will be accountable for working closely with teams within and across the Growth organization (Marketing, Creative Studio, Enterprise Product Marketing, Product, Digital, Performance Marketing) as well as with our customer care organization to develop insights, make decisions, and take action to drive brand growth and consistency.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility, so candidates will be considered who live near any of Synchrony locations: Alpharetta, GA, Altamonte Springs, FL, Bentonville, AR, Boise, ID, Canton, OH, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Costa Mesa, CA, Draper, UT, Kettering, OH, Marlborough ,MA, Merriam, KS, New York, NY, Phoenix, AZ, San Francisco, CA, St. Paul, MN or Stamford, CT
- Define, refine, steward and continually innovate a compelling brand positioning and roadmap that inspires and clarifies who we are to partners, consumers and employees, while making the case for relevance and differentiation.
- Understands the importance of developing the brand strategy based on the business strategy while considering the practicalities of the business
- Further develop a “future-proof” brand architecture, including a sub-brand, product, capabilities and services nomenclature system to drive business outcomes, internal consistency, customer clarity and to account for future organic and inorganic growth.
- Leverage creative, strategic and analytic resources and knowledge to drive brand growth and success
- Own and update the brand guidelines and identity based on the evolving brand strategy. Implement and guide brand application with creative and marketing teams.
- Elevate and support the Synchrony brand narrative and identity, partnering with our creative teams and agencies to ensure consistent application.
- Build and maintain a modern methodology for measuring brand health, tracking the ROI of brand initiatives, evaluating metrics and contextualizing brand health strengths and weaknesses to adjust brand strategy. Partner with our research team to design and execute quantitative and qualitative audience research in service of brand strategy and understanding our competition.
- Partner with Corporate Communications and Brand teams to innovate and create campaigns and strategies to drive awareness, consideration and reputation
- Ensure the brand is appropriately present and represented through customer journeys and experiences.
- Serve as a thought leader within the organization, partnering with teams across the company to provide clear decisions and guidance on brand needs and application
- Lead strategic work with key agency partners
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor' degree. In lieu of degree, HS Diploma/GED and 13 years of experience in B2B2C brand strategy
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in brand strategy development and execution with brands and/or agencies
- Experience leading agencies and creative resources (internal/external)
- Experience in leveraging data and research to inform strategy and execution
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Ability to travel up to 15% per year.
- Strong business acumen, work ethic and ability to influence and lead in a matrixed environment
- Ability to balance strategic leadership with day-to-day bias for action and hands on work
- Ability to influence in a matrixed environment and present decisive recommendations
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; comfortable presenting to executives
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior management and cross functional teams.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of adaptability and innovation
- Desire to work in a way that requires balancing educating others on brand concepts, building consensus across different teams and leading with decisiveness.
- Desire to help evolve organizational thinking about the Synchrony brand to be top of mind for leadership and all employees
- Proven track record collaborating with agencies as well as a wide variety of internal teams
- Knowledge of the creative campaign and media process
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 – 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.