The VP, Account Management Strategy is responsible for driving Loss Mitigation strategies that meet Synchrony (SYF)’s strategic vision of leveraging incremental data and advanced analytics to control losses while improving the customer experience and P & L performance. This role will utilize advanced analytical tools, explore new data attributes, lead the strategy development and review the recommendation with senior leadership across SYF. The VP, Account Management Strategy will report to the VP, Loss Mitigation and Authorizations Strategy Leader.
We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility. You have the option to be remote, and work from home, or come into one of our offices. You may be occasionally requested to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
- Lead the development, testing and rollout of Loss Mitigation strategies including Line decreases, Account Closures and Reissue through the full credit lifecycle. This includes developing the change request, obtaining all approvals, partnering with implementation teams to implement changes, ensuring appropriate controls, and completing performance reviews. Supervise champion-challenger testing and the development, validation and implementation of decision tree segmentations
- Drive business specification/initiatives with the technology innovation teams to support the identification and adoption of best-in-class methodologies, processes, and tools to ensure better customer experience and business success
- Effectively balance Risk vs reward and customer experience in decision making regarding Line decreases and Account Closure decisions
- Strategy owners are ultimately responsible for the ongoing effectiveness and monitoring of their strategies. As such this role will develop the framework for how we monitor, measure and report the results of our strategies to business
- Create processes and controls to ensure that data, analyses, strategies, and recommendations are accurate
- Support related reviews, audits and business continuity planning.
- Partner with advanced modeling teams to drive targeting/treatment solutions that meet business objectives
- Work with finance team/Portfolio Credit Management team to ensure strategies are driving the desired P & L impacts
- Perform Ad hoc analytics, validations, remediations
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience building analytically derived strategies within Credit, Marketing, Risk or Collections in Financial services.
- 5+ years of experience working with SAS or R
- 5+ years of experience in advanced Excel
- Experience analyzing large data sets to derive strategies, segmentations, actionable credit insights
- Advanced programming with SAS, R or Python
- Experience developing Consumer / Commercial credit Risk Strategies.
- Ability to conduct advanced data analysis and complex algorithm designs
- Experience using advanced modeling & data mining techniques (e.g. Machine learning, Big Data) to develop/ optimize credit strategies
- Natural curiosity and passion to drive change in consumer banking for the better.
- Leadership skills: Ability to lead/manage multiple competing initiatives and deliver results within deadlines and with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Communication and influencing skills: Excellent communication and influencing skills to coordinate with multiple functional areas and independently present explanations of complex subjects to senior management and partner with teams throughout the company
- Problem solving skills: Strong ability to rapidly learn the intricacies of an unfamiliar process, structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights, and develop actionable recommendations
- Working knowledge of credit bureau data
- Experience using multiple Credit Decision Systems (e.g. Credit Bureaus) to make credit strategy decisions.
- Strong communication / relationship management / influencing skills / presentation skills and the ability to interact with and present to senior leaders
The salary range for this position is 110,000.00 – 185,000.00 USD Annual and is eligible for an annual bonus based on individual and company performance.
Actual compensation offered within the posted salary range will be based upon work experience, skill level or knowledge.
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA, NY Metro and Seattle.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 18 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+, with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with an opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time
Job Family Group: