Visuals Team Lead
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store, featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's most exciting brands and products. More than that, Neighborhood Goods is a community, bringing people together to shop, eat, and learn in our vibrant physical spaces.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas, and is proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Leader to support the General Manager and leadership team to ensure the smooth, efficient running of the Store. If you are an ambitious self-starter, with previous retail experience, and looking for your first supervisory experience then this is the perfect role for you and the first step towards a long-term and fulfilling career with a start-up concept brand in retail.
What You’ll Do:
- Assume management responsibilities in the absence of the General Manager, Assistant Manager, or Team Lead
- Coach and mentor staff behaviors to achieve all sales and customer service targets
- Perform necessary opening and closing duties for the retail store and/or restaurant Point of Sale systems, including cash handling and loss prevention
- The ability to provide inspirational, authentic, and personalized customer service
- Become proficient in necessary business acumen and drive improvements to achieve all business goals
- Operate the alarm system, including setting and disarming. Ensure the alarm system is in working order, troubleshoot and escalate issues as necessary
- Oversee the cleaning and general maintenance of the store, including maintaining all merchandising standards
- Identify problems with working conditions and share them with management to reduce risk
- The ability to work retail hours including days, nights, weekends, and special events in a fast-paced work environment
- Assist staff during periods of high volume
Who You Are:
- Eager to work in a fun, dynamic environment unlike anything else in traditional retail
- While not essential, previous retail experience including cash reconciliation and opening and closing the store is desirable
- Previous supervisory experience including coaching others to achieve sales and customer service targets is desirable
- Previous experience with retail point-of-sale software
- Innovative, proactive, entrepreneurial, and willing to solve problems effectively & efficiently
- Positive, high energy, and eager to learn
- Articulate with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Possess basic math and financial skills
- Experienced with point-of-sales systems
- Lead all store Visual and event directives
- Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Effective communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
- Ability to be active, standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching and lifting for extended periods of time, required throughout the workday
- Implement merchandising strategies and brand standards
- Work cross-functionally with the Marketing team to align visual and marketing efforts within the in-store environment
Some Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Employee discounts
- Paid Company Holidays
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.