Visual Merchandising Manager
The purpose of this position is to strategically align both regional and global Visual Merchandising planogram directives for all Travel Retail environments for the Estée Lauder brand. This position will report to the Executive Director of Store Design & Visual Merchandising, Travel Retail Worldwide. #ELCTravelRetail
Primary responsibilities include:
- Proactively develop and lead “TR seasonal playbook” to step changing Luxury to Skincare, Makeup and Fragrance Planogram/Decks that will provide the three TR regions (APAC, EMEA, Americas) with clear direction and newness placement for product launches or key priorities. Guidelines will leverage IWD software or other software to deliver quality visual guidelines.
- This role is the primary VM contact with the three TR regions on ReNutriv, Skincare, Makeup and Fragrance categories and actively seek ways to streamline and improve on-counter execution. Responsibility to work closely with the three TR regions and educate regional VM teams on how to merchandise with each renewal with excellence. Ensure that all regions have appropriate artwork/assets and collateral support to launch new programs and key display assortment priority changes at point of sale.
- Manage the Open Sell Color system(s) and Lip Bar/ Foundation Bar Displays. Ensure all seasonal directives and collateral are delivered to the three regions with sufficient implementation timelines.
- Ensure the key festive periods such as Holiday and Gifting for Travel Retail and take end-to-end ownership of how these campaigns are executed at point of sale with the ED to align all elements cohesively together in the vairous formats of existing Stores.
- Partner closely with ED and TR NY Marketing team to adopt Brand VM planograms & holistic implementation for design direction to usage of claims, ingredients, science stories, new products and seasonal campaigns. This role requires a project management mindset to meet each region’s on-counter timelines.
- Ensure alignment with Global Brand Visual Merchandising Skincare, Makeup, Fragrance and Promo team partners to understand the objectives of existing and future merchandising projects. Develop strategies to support these initiatives for Travel Retail execution.
- Identify TR specific Planogramming requests on behalf of the regions, in conjunction with ED and with Global brand approval. Allowing for regional needs and feedback recommendations to ensure that regional holistic needs are realized for signage, production, displayer needs, visualization, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date Skincare, Makeup and Fragrance I.W.D planogram library in collaboration with the Regional Teams, including all Travel Retail Exclusive Sets and Sleeves.
- Ensure all aspects of merchandising are consistent and representative of the brand throughout all TR environments with each regions VM & FVM teams in travels – Existing Stores & Renewal Stores. All formats of stores.
- Ideal experience of: 5-7 years’ experience in a wide range of merchandising and open service processes; experience in handling complex design projects from concept generation through implementation, preferably geared towards retail design.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Highly proficient and proven Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). 3D Modeling/ Rendering a plus.
- Solid understanding of print techniques and can show a portfolio of highly polished production work.
- Effective multi-tasker who can manage projects from conception through production in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Provide design inspiration and technical guidance to the teams.
- Must travel and work in store during installations-international travel required.
- Other skills: Outstanding design vision/ sensibility, aesthetics and form, sketching; team player who leads by example; outstanding communication and presentation skills; excellent writing and organization skills with attention to detail; materials and manufacturing knowledge; strong follow-up skills and time management.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,500 to $135,500. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.