Firework is already the world’s largest livestream and short-shoppable video platform on the open web and we’re really just getting started. It’s an incredibly exciting and dynamic space that is fundamentally redefining the Internet, bringing an element of human connection to brands of all categories and across the globe. So it’s a pretty exciting time to join!
This contractor role will be responsible for creating an on-brand, engaging, and informative website, as well as visuals for a wide range of marketing channels, to drive prospects to choose Firework as their livestream & shoppable video solution provider.
What you’ll be doing
- Recommend & make customer-centric design decisions by focusing on brand cohesion, user experience, conversion, accessibility, best practices, and emerging trends & technologies, to improve communication and business performance.
- Work as a hands-on designer and across functions with internal and external partners to support the evolution of Firework’s web presence:
- Build the next phase of our journey by focusing on storytelling that will help optimize and drive effective conversion funnels.
- Conceptualize, develop, iterate, and deliver creative assets & collateral (static & motion, digital & print, 2D & 3D) across an expanding list of B2B channels, including Firework.com, marketing campaigns, ads, social media, emails, sales enablement, presentation decks, events, etc.
- Present your ideas and work with clarity and passion while demonstrating how the creative strategically answers the brief.
- Be an active participant in kick-off meetings and reviews.
- Implement feedback that pushes the work forward while also making recommendations on design directions and decisions.
- Oversee design with a meticulous eye for detail to ensure it’s created with expert craftsmanship.
- Organize and maintain brand design systems and libraries to be shared by multiple teams.
- Stay current with the strategy, values, audience, and functionality of our product offerings.
- Monitor performance and identify actionable opportunities to improve our design processes and outputs.
- Help with design brief development and assessment.
- Provide creative and design support for ongoing brand development.
We’ll be excited if you have
- 5-8 years as a Visual/UI Designer working on various kinds of projects and platforms; preferably in-house, agency or startup environment focusing on brand development or brand marketing.
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design.
- A robust portfolio that shows proven experience in the visual / web / UI design space, with a solid foundation of graphic, communication, and interaction design.
- Understanding of print, web, email and digital capabilities, limitations, and design best practices.
- Working knowledge in Google Workspace, Slack, WordPress, HTML, CSS.
- Advanced proficiency in Figma, key Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere), and other prototyping tools.
- A knack for prototyping, animation, illustration, accessible & responsive designs.
- A growth mindset with a startup mentality: you want to learn it all, are team-oriented, resilient, empathetic, and have no ego.
- Goal oriented, detail focused, and solution driven, with the ability to deliver high-quality work that meets deadlines.
- An organized and collaborative self-starter, with excellent time and project management skills.
- A strong communicator (verbal & written) who has proven ability to form relationships with cross-functional teams for consistent alignment and execution, by educating them on the process, advantages to design recommendations, and platform or tool constraints.
- Comfortable in a high-growth organization: you deal with ambiguity and adapt to new situations in a highly dynamic setting by making decisions quickly, learning from them, and iterating. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback.
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that while Firework and its subsidiaries appreciate agency outreach, we currently do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Firework and its subsidiaries reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.