Captions is the AI-powered creative studio. Millions of creators around the world have used Captions to make their video content stand out from the pack and we're on a mission to empower the next billion.
Based in NYC, we are a team of ambitious, experienced, and devoted engineers, designers, and marketers. You'll be joining an early team where you'll have an outsized impact on both the product and company's culture.
We’re very fortunate to have some the best investors and entrepreneurs backing us, including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Uncommon Projects, Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger, Antoine Martin, Julie Zhuo, Ben Rubin, Jaren Glover, SVAngel, 20VC, Ludlow Ventures, Chapter One, Lenny Rachitsky, and more.
Please note that all of our roles will require you to be in-person at our NYC HQ (located in Soho)
The video marketing role will be focused on positioning Captions as a premium content destination for creators around the world. We’re looking for a sharp, creative video editor to create high-quality educational and entertainment content for short-form and long-form channels. This role will report partner closely with our broader Marketing team.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Tell the story of Captions through video content to drive brand growth and love
- Strategize, record, and edit videos on both long-form and short-form channels
- Collaborate with marketing team to identify new content opportunities
- Optimize video content for SEO to drive traffic and track analytics to gauge video performance
- Experience creating short-form (TikTok, Reels, Shorts) and long-form content (YouTube, etc).
- Highly skilled with video editing (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, etc).
- Graphic or motion design experience preferred
- Startup experience preferred
- This role is based in New York City
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Anything you need to do your best work
- We’ve done team off-sites to places like Paris, London, Park City, Los Angeles, and Nashville with more planned in the future.
Captions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.