Vice President, Treasury and ALM II
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of Vice President, Treasury and ALM II to join our Corporate Treasury and ALM team. The primary location for this position is Pittsburg, PA – HYBRID. Secondarily, It can be located in Lake Mary, FL – HYBRID.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Develops and enhances key reports and analytics to identify and track Capital risk associated with liquidity, assets, liabilities and hedges.
- Ensures models and model-like approaches are functioning as expected, troubleshoots and reports on unexpected/undesired results.
- Monitors the regulatory environment, conducts applicable research and makes recommendations for responding to emerging/changing regulatory requirements affecting Capital, Liquidity Funding or ALM.
- Ensures proper controls on the quality and integrity of reports produced for senior management and Corporate Treasury committee processes.
- Prepare and deliver reports, presentations, and updates for executive leadership, highlighting key insights and recommending action steps.
- Escalates and communicates unprecedented or complex issues to more senior team members/management.
- Interfaces with internal and external stakeholders and continues to build a broad range of knowledge spanning asset and liability categories across the organization and its varied products/services.
- May serve as a project lead, engaging peers across the Bank and providing task oversight. Provides leadership to less experienced team members, guiding and coaching them on their work accuracy and quality.
- Conducts special projects and ad-hoc analyses/reporting as requested.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Bachelor‘s degree required; Finance or economics focus preferred.
- MBA, CFA, or CPA/CA preferred.
- 5-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience with capital management and/or asset-liability management, liquidity risk management, interest rate risk management preferred.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.