Vice President Transitions Operations
Leads the transitions of properties for the company including all aspects of operations and onboarding.
- At least 12 years of progressive hotel operations' experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 8 years of related experience.
- Hotel Management experience required.
- Must have experience managing hotels .
- Must have a proven record of achieving financial objectives guest satisfaction standards and brand standards.
- Must have a valid driver's license in the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Plans and aligns all aspects of the transitions and oversees the transitions team ensuring there are adequate resources, system and processes are followed and the new properties are seamlessly integrated.
- Oversees the management of all sources of revenue including the rooms housekeeping food and beverage engineering and other departments.
- Ensures coordination of all elements of the transition.
- Promotes hotel's policies and philosophies to employees and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Creates the hotel's annual budget.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotels and limits turnover by motivating employees and ensuring successful onboarding.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Implements programs that meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the responsibilities authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Interacts with owners and ensures their needs are met and they are informed of progress.
- Partners with the Operations team to integrate new properties.
- Partners with the Development team.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal state and local laws including OSHA EEOC Wage Hour and Health laws.