Vice President Total Rewards
As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $225,000-$275,000 annually. The full Pay Range is $175,000-$325,000 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Vice President Total Rewards is responsible for developing and leading an innovative and competitive organization-wide Total Rewards strategy, and advising management activities for HR programs, including compensation, benefits, and wellness. This role will ensure the Credit Union has the capabilities, tools, data, and resources to support these programs.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Lead all aspects of the planning, development, compliance, implementation, and evaluation of all benefits programs, including health and wellness, life and disability, and retirement programs.
- Lead all aspects of the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of all compensation programs, including job architecture framework, merit and other salary increases, executive compensation, bonus structures, wage and competitive data/market practices, and incentive programs.
- Partner with business leaders across the credit union, advising and consulting to improve effectiveness of the total rewards strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders to ensure a strong connection and credibility between the Total Rewards Strategies and business strategies.
- Partner with HR Leadership to ensure Total Rewards programs are vetted from a Human Resources perspective follow the overall Human Resources strategy, value and goals.
- Regularly evaluate total rewards programs for competitiveness and effectiveness. Anticipate future demand, regulatory impact, labor market trends, and internal demographic changes to build creative, forward looking total rewards strategies and programs that will enable BECU to attract and retain top talent.
- Deliver solutions that are scalable and sustainable while allowing for variation where appropriate. Work with external vendors and consultants as needed, to optimize all programs.
- Direct the regulatory reporting for all Total Rewards programs and ensure compliance with federal and state requirements pertaining to Total Rewards.
- Present Total Rewards plans, programs, and metrics to the Compensation Committee and Board of Directors.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training of staff to develop and encourage their performance. Meet with staff regularly for the purpose of conducting personnel evaluations and providing feedback.
- Provide strong leadership to a higher-performance team that is characterized by high levels of professional expertise, high ethics, and a reputation for providing excellent service to Credit Union staff.
- Build an open, encouraging, and effective environment in which staff can improve their professional and personal growth and development.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years of leadership experience in Total Rewards, including compensation, benefits, work-life, and performance management required.
- Minimum five years of experience in executive compensation required.
- Minimum five years in retirement benefits experience required.
- Certifications in Compensation (CCP) and Benefits (CBP, CEEBs) preferred.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and excellent math skills.
- Detailed knowledge of all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to Total Rewards.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and project management skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.