Vice President, Team Leader
The VP/Team Leader is critical to the current and future growth and profitability of the Company. The VP/Team Leader is recognized by both the Management Committee and his/her peers as a key contributor to the organization. He/she exhibits high proficiency in performance of responsibilities. The designation of VP/Team Leader requires Management Committee approval. The VP/Team Leader is dedicated to a specific customer with responsibility for overall business development with that customer.
- Deliver principal’s volume, share and sales fundamentals goals (Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing, Shelving) for assigned customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Achieve fundamental goals and results at the lowest possible selling cost while maximizing company revenue (to include brokerage, commissions, bonuses, contest earnings, etc.
- Develop and sell Customer Business Plans. Communicate Principals’ priorities to Sales Managers, Sales Technology Managers, Marketing Managers, Business Managers, Account Managers, and the Retail Selling Organization to deliver in-store presence and business objectives.
- Serve as customer’s primary point of contact on principal-specific issues (i.e. Category Management, Consumer Shopping Behavior, and Promotion Strategies).
- Deliver Corporate revenue goals on the agreed upon timing while operating within the Corporate budget.
- Develop effective systems to manage trade marketing funds at the assigned customers in accordance with ACOSTA guidelines and policies, as well as those of the principal. Work to minimize Sales Related Deductions.
- Manage and participate in the development and presentation of interview of new principals.
- Conduct internal team meetings on a monthly basis.
- Assist all Business Managers on the customer team to provide clear direction and ensure they have a thorough understanding of opportunities.
- Develop corporate relationships with principals and customers. Pro-actively communicate with key principals. Maintain exceptional relationships with assigned customer.
- Personally call on all key decision-makers within the assigned customer.
- Represent ACOSTA on key Corporate issues with customer.
- Represent principals on key issues.
- Develop and maintain understanding of customer’s strategic plans and leverages in order to deliver results for ACOSTA’s principals.
- Assist principals in increasing their account understanding and where appropriate, increasing their penetration.
- Effectively function as a team player.
- Coordinate on-going communication between the General Managers and key principals, and between principals and Account Managers.
- Collaborate with Retail Sales Managers on all major retail initiatives (new product introductions, selling drives, contests, etc.).
- Coordinate principals’ market visits and key account calls.
- Solicit principals’ support for customer sponsored events and drives (i.e. Charity benefits, Sponsorships, etc.)
- Effectively use knowledge of customer, market, and principal to successfully sell principals’ specific programs and initiatives as well as Company objectives and initiatives – involve Marketing, Technology, and Administrative resources as needed to accomplish the objectives.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of principals’ strategies, selling programs, and initiatives to the Principal and the General Manager.
- Provide timely information, principals’ expertise and selling priorities, along with retail-ready selling tools (organizers, surveys, etc.) to the Sales Manager, Supervisor, and shared resources (Marketing, Technology, and Administration).
- Maintain current account distribution information.
- Review all market pricing reports on a regular basis for accuracy and competitive activity. Collect and report all competitive activity.
- Assist Account Coordinators to ensure administration is current and accurate.
- Demonstrate superior technological skills (spreadsheets, graphics, etc.).
- Utilize computer systems and technology to develop conceptual presentations to achieve the objectives of the Customer Business Plan. This includes developing and maintaining personal skill levels to support the use of retail communication systems (RW3) as well as basic analysis tools such as IRI Analyzer, Demographics, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills (including Category Management).
- Maintain understanding of key industry initiatives and trends ECR, Channel incursion, etc.).
- Demonstrate excellent “fact-based” (conceptual) selling skills. Concept might include: average transaction size, tier migration, expandable consumption/HH penetration, store loyalty (demographics), brand and category loyalty, etc.
- Exhibit leadership qualities consistent with ACOSTA’s culture.
- Assist in the development of Business Managers, Account Managers, as well as the Retail Selling Organization (Sales Manager, Supervisors, and Territory Managers).
- Provide feedback to the General Manager on how to build organizational capacity and improve our business.
- Pro-actively manage personal skill development plan.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate individuals assigned to customer team.
- Serve as resource to team members in developing their account understanding and penetration with all levels of customer management; share information regarding customers/manufacturers with other team members to help build organization capacity.
- Serve as a key resource to help sell and execute major initiatives with customer.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must have a proven track record in a sales capacity with a food broker or a major national company. Prior experience must demonstrate sales skills along with the ability to successfully manage and direct others.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must be able to speak, hear and sit for long periods of time. Must have good vision, dexterous use of both hands and be able to operate a calculator, Proxima, overhead projector, slide projector, computer, printer, fax machine, telephone and copier.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a car.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be proficient in a variety of software packages used to support the sales function.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation, negotiation, and sales skills.
- Must have the ability to analyze sales and marketing information needed to make effective sales presentations.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Acosta utilizes E-Verify for validatingthe ability to work in the United States for all job candidates. If you want more information on what this entails and your rights as a job applicant,pleaseusethe link providedto accessinformation onouruse of E-Verify and your right to work. Employer Resources (e-verify.gov)