Vice President, System Engineer
New York, NY
The Cyber Cloud Incident Response analyst is part of the global team that is responsible for providing 24/7 real-time monitoring of the firm's cloud security posture within Azure, AWS, and CGP. This team is also responsible for incident identification, documentation, remediation and tracking for all cloud services. More specifically, the analyst will support the global Cyber Cloud Monitoring function and have following key responsibilities:
- Perform investigation and escalation for complex or high severity security threats or incidents and handles and analyze security issues/threats in Azure cloud.
- Acting as an escalation point for Tier 2 analysts and further analyzing events of interest
- Ensures that all identified events are promptly validated and thoroughly investigated
- Collaborates with technical teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate events
- Provides advice and guidance on the response action plans for information risk events and incidents based on incident type and severity
- Assists with containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident
- Work with SIEM Engineering and other security partners developing and refining correlation rules
- Regularly develop new and interesting use cases for future SIEM logic
- Administer and configure security tools and sensors to alert on certain risk conditions
- Participate in cyber threat hunts in support of the global cyber operations function
- Assist with forensics investigations.
- Participate in the creation, modification and maintenance of SOC policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of cyber security trends and the emerging threat landscape in general and as it relates to BlackRock
- Deliver timely and detailed documentation related to any incident including the findings, review and follow-up activities
- Follow documented processes and procedures is critical.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 8+ years of experience in security operations center, or similar security technical and operational role is helpful
- University Degree. MBA, CISSP, CISM, GCHI, GPCS, GCSA, or GIAC are preferred
- Intermediate knowledge in Azure security architecture and security solutions – Azure PIM, Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, Azure Conditional Access
- Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals (Network Security Groups, Application Security Groups, Azure Firewall, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of security related technologies and their functions (Web Application Firewall, Application Gateway, Azure Bastion, KeyVault, AWS CloudTrail)
- Intermediate knowledge of container security and design
- Intermediate knowledge of Azure Sentinel, Defender for Cloud, AWS Security Hub, AWS GuardDuty
- Sophisticated event analysis demonstrating SIEM tools
- Sophisticated incident investigation and response skill set
- Advanced log parsing and analysis skill set
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Other personal characteristics:
- Integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Quickly adjusts sophisticated data and information and displays a developed learning agility
- Self-starter with the personal aim to achieve superior performance
- Courage of convictions and the ability to respectfully debate the status quo
- Natural curiosity and desire to always learn
For California and New York City only the salary range for this position is $171,000 – $210,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.