VP, Strategy and Corporate Development
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development will advise the CEO and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on assessing, prioritizing, and driving the long-term strategic direction and growth for the company across its portfolio. They will provide thought leadership on YETI’s overall strategy, M&A opportunities, strategic partnerships and alliances, portfolio optimization and internal projects that ensure YETI’s processes and operations enable the company to achieve intended goals and objectives.
This role requires someone who is highly self-motivated, combining exceptional strategic thinking, executive influence and communication skills, cross-function organizational rigor, sound business judgment, expert quantitative skills, and ability to dig into the details and do the work.
- Own and evolve YETI’s strategic planning process, in close partnership with the CEO and SLT, acting as a thought leader and domain expert
- Shape YETI's strategy by leveraging industry knowledge, experiences, and subject matter expertise
- Contribute innovative thinking and insights to YETI's portfolio and market expansion opportunities, based on deep understanding of consumer trends, product, pricing and marketing models internally and externally
- Partner with SLT to operationalize YETI's long-term growth strategy, garnering buy-in and holding key stakeholders accountable to the results through quantitative analysis and dashboard reporting of key metrics
- Drive inorganic growth activities by leading all stages of the M&A process, including opportunity targeting and evaluation cultivation, due diligence, deal execution and post-deal integration
- Explore and drive other business development opportunities, such as partnerships, licensing agreements, joint ventures, alliances, etc.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- At least 14 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic consulting, investment banking, and/or business planning within the Consumer Goods Industry
- At least 10 years of leading teams
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, preferred
- Deep understanding of premium brands with a focus on active, outdoor lifestyle brand trends, and dynamics
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (including project management of cross-functional teams)
- Balance of working as a consultant and as a practitioner within a successful global brand
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Experience working with and/or presenting to a public company Board of Directors, preferred but not required
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.