Vice President, Sales Diversified Channels
The Vice President, Sales Diversified Channels is a key member of the BPC’s Executive Team and leads the overall sales activity for BEHR Paint Company’s Diversified Channel including directing and overseeing the Diversified Channel’s Canadian and United States’ field sales, sales support, operations and merchandising functions. The strategic plan calls for a doubling of the current business in the next 2-3 years. The incumbent will also create, lead and design sales strategies to maximize the Diversified Channel’s market penetration and overall revenue. Responsibilities also include providing leadership, direct service and support for customer accounts and field sales personnel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the strategic sales plan for Diversified Channel’s brands including KILZ® entry into adjacent categories as well as other architectural coatings brands.
- Develop effective senior level relationships with key Home Center and Hardware customers (i.e., Lowe's, Walmart, Ace, True Value, Menards etc.)
- Develop and implement a business plan to expand into non-traditional paint channels.
- Support the Whizz and E&J applicator business with partnerships and hand-offs
- Direct and oversee sales, sales support, and operations functions for an assigned region to ensure adequate inventory levels and product availability to maximize regional sales volume, inventory turns, and market penetration.
- Recruit, select, train, direct, motivate, support, develop and evaluate regional field sales, sales support, and sales operations personnel.
- Analyze sales information and set key performance goals to manage inventories, maximize SKU productivity and oversee execution of category management action plans to meet or exceed key performance indicators.
- Develop working relationships with all customer and Company representatives, monitor in-store service levels and resolve problems not successfully resolved between field sales and store personnel.
- Lead efforts to improve work processes and build customer partnerships to meet or exceed customer expectations and increase competitive loyalty.
- Coordinate Operations to meet customer product and distribution requirements; work with Marketing to develop in-store POP and training information.
- Direct and oversee new store openings, new product introductions and implementations, product knowledge training, special events, merchandizing strategies, store remodels and resets based on local demographics to achieve best-in-class product mix.
- Manage budget, sales expenses and maintain required documentation for audits, accounts payable and account-related expenses.
- Convey the Company’s quality vision to team members and customers and support their participation in the Company’s quality improvement effort.
- Communicate internally on competitive information, customer activities, plans and service issues.
What We’re Looking For:
Position / Candidate Requirements
The successful candidate will need to have the following:
A Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or related work experience equivalent. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of successful sales experience with at least 5 years of sales leadership experience in the Home Improvement Industry. Prefer paint/coatings industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing new profitable business relationships with big box retailers as well as dealers and distributors. Prefer experience in selling product and services into new and/or non-traditional channels.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of retail industry, sales, marketing, merchandizing, distribution, and customer supply chain knowledge and practices.
- Broad knowledge of the coatings industry, company product lines, competitive features and coatings applications knowledge.
- Ability to create and develop innovative sales programs which directly support the achievement sales and profitability goals. Ability to plan, organize and implement complex initiatives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, manage diversity and drive for results.
- Must have strategic agility, organizational ability, and successful track record for building effective teams.
- Thinks operationally and strategically, analyzes issues, uses sound judgment, generates new ideas/goes beyond the status quo.
- Influence and motivate others, coach and develop, foster teamwork, steps forward to address difficult issues, provides clear direction, and champion change.
- Effective communication, selling and relationship skills with internal and external customers at all levels
- Must have analytical, planning and decision making skills; and demonstrated ability to use sales data for business decisions.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and business ethics.
- eBusiness and Social Media experience.
What We Offer:
At the BEHR Paint Company, we deliver possibilities that improve you professionally so you can thrive personally. We’re committed to providing you with learning and growth opportunities because our success relies on yours. Our culture, which is strengthened by our commitment to making all employees feel welcome, valued and respected, will challenge you to reach your full potential. BPC provides a competitive total compensation package including exceptional health and wellness benefits, annual cash incentives, annual restricted stock program, paid time off, profit sharing, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more.
The BEHR Paint Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a culture that supports our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Full timeBEHR (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish