Vice President Sales
Tilray Beer Company, a division of Tilray Brands, Inc. (Nasdaq | TSX: TLRY), is seeking a Western U.S. Sales leader for its newly created VP, Sales, West role given its recent acquisition of eight beer and beverage brands, including the breweries and brewpubs associated with them. These iconic brands command great consumer loyalty and have tremendous growth opportunities. As such, the VP, Sales, West will have full accountability for the planned growth and performance of our premium craft beer portfolio across the region.
Reporting to the President of Tilray Beer, this role is designed to empower you to develop, execute and deliver a sales plan that grows our business and solidifies our leadership position in the industry. This role also provides a unique opportunity to design an optimized sales structure across the region that best positions Tilray Beer for a high level of in-market execution and growth. As an expert in sales process and relationship management, the successful candidate will quickly identify market opportunities while maximizing the performance within the region. Importantly, this candidate will be responsible for the quality of talent they’re able to attract and develop within their sales team.
Reporting to the President, Tilray Beer Company, the VP, Sales, West will be a key member of our management team, collaborating closely with cross functional colleagues.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full P&L accountability, responsible for driving and optimizing revenue, managing investment and expenses, and identifying and monitoring leading and lagging other non-financial performance indicators.
- Accountable for planning and sales execution for our western geographic region in the US.
- Sets quarterly and annual sales targets and motivates the sales teams to achieve their goals; manages performance and resources in real time to increase effectiveness and extend our human capital.
- Develops and manages budgets and expenses throughout the Sales Department.
- Develops relationships with distributor partners and key accounts as an expert in the craft beer category that can help grow their businesses as well as ours.
- Leads and aligns network of distributors to deliver performance targets.
- Leverages strength and orientation to data and highly analytical thinking to build out plans and programs, anticipates ROI, and measures effectiveness.
- Prepares specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests.
- Provides ongoing development of sales capabilities, coaching and performance management for all team members including our annual performance review processes.
- Champions innovation based on consumer and customer insights.
- Leads key initiatives cross functionally, gaining alignment on priorities and ensuring a high level of in-market execution.
- Partners with central brand marketing team to develop effective trade marketing plans, program and consumer experiences.
- Manage trade promotion programs.
- BA/BS required; MBA is a plus
- Beverage alcohol and/or CPG experience preferred
- Minimum 15 years of sales or sales management experience; Minimum 5+ years in sales leadership, sales operations, and business planning
- Several years of experience leading a high performing team required including direct people management, sales capability development and change leadership
- Must be entrepreneurial, act courageously and take calculated risks that are required to unlock growth
- Energetic and levelheaded, creative problem-solver with a growth mindset
- Must be resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to pivot to realize opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead successfully in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment
- Solid analytical skills to uncover insights and opportunities as well as measure investment of resources
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building and leadership abilities
- Superior writing, communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to apply creative thinking skills at all levels and the ability to set priorities and provide appropriate structure to solve problems/issues
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Monthly beer allotment
- Discounts on SweetWater merchandise and food in our Taproom
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com