Vice President, Revenue Operations
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Reporting into the Chief Revenue Officer, you will be responsible for Go-to-Market strategy and operations for our Revenue organization as a key driver in the hypergrowth of Checkr - building and scaling a world class strategy and operations team. You will partner to drive strategy and operations across teams in the Revenue organization including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Partnerships, Business Development, and Solutions Engineering teams. You will also work across the leadership of Checkr with Product, Engineering, Operations and Finance to deliver on our strategy.
Your team will be responsible for strategy, planning, analytics, operations, program management, and systems, fostering strong relationships with GTM leadership. You’ll be comfortable using market and customer insights and large data sets to drive strategy and decisions and you will drive processes that ensure operational efficiency and a high level of execution against all strategies.
- Build and lead a high-performing, results-oriented Revenue Operations organization including Strategy & Operations for Sales, Partnerships, Customer Success and Marketing, as well as revenue analytics, pricing, program management, and Go-to-Market systems.
- Shape our Go-to-Market strategies across sales and product-led-growth motions including monetization of new revenue streams, launching of new Go-to-Market channels and products, and scaling of our organization to meet ambitious growth goals.
- Lead business planning, goal-setting, and establish an analytical framework and cadence. Provide analytics and reporting for the Revenue organization, including forecasting, pipeline analysis, quarter and year-end reports, board slides, performance to quota, deal tracking, funnel growth, funnel velocity and close rates, as well as marketing and self-service funnel performance.
- Invest for the future growth and scaling needs of our business including a winning data architecture, analytics capabilities, and the technology stack that will not only serve us today but will propel us forward and scale with Checkr’s growth.
- Build, invest in, and retain a diverse, equitable and inclusive team and culture that fosters a sense of belonging.
- Invest in strong cross-functional relationships across Checkr including our Go-to-Market teams, as well as product, engineering, finance, operations, legal, and people teams.
What you bring:
- Strong expertise and a proven track record as a Go-to-Market Strategy/Operations leader (team of at least 25+) at a high growth, fast paced technology company, delivering against ambitious goals.
- Stong leader and highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group both internally and externally
- Accountable leader with a high degree of comfort navigating ambiguity and being proactive in problem solving and bringing structure and order to complexity.
- Future oriented, change agent, who can see around corners and build not just for today, but for what we will need to scale and grow over time, and who has the tenacity to navigate organizational, systems, and data complexities to bring change.
- Ability to work cross functionally to gain consensus from multiple stakeholders and ability to lead major change efforts requiring cross functional leadership collaboration.
- Data driven mindset: you know that everything built must be measured to understand its impact on the business and you drive your teams to operate with that in mind
- Customer centricity: you understand that customer behavior and sentiment must be well understood to effectively build products for them; this can be understood both through data as well as qualitative discussions with customers
- Experience and understanding of Go-to-Market strategies across different segments, with experience in multi-channel, high-velocity sales organizations.
- Previous Sales, Marketing, or CS leadership experience is advantageous but not required, as is experience with both enterprise level sales, as well as PLG GTM.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $330,000 to $350,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.