WHO WE ARE
We’re purpose-driven. With every ride, we aim to redefine health and happiness. It’s all about being more than a workout: SoulCycle is a mind-body-soul experience, built on community, love, respect, acceptance, and a lot of fun. It comes to life through the ride, the relationships, and the unparalleled hospitality. And all of that comes from our people. Join us—we’d love to have you
To foster an open, diverse, & inclusive community—while embracing each unique individual exactly as they are. We empower each other by listening with an open mind, finding ways to learn and grow together, and always nurturing a sanctuary of trust. To make a real, lasting impact, we’ll work nonstop to embrace and create change.
The Vice President of Retail (GMM) drives SoulCycle's Retail business (P&L) through the development, communication and execution of innovative and operationally-sound short and long-term strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and rider expectations. They motivate and coach the team to be rider-focused, results-oriented, creative, collaborative, and nimble in their work. The SoulCycle Retail business is divisional p&l within a rider-centric business; the ideal leader will have experience in an entrepreneurial environment and comfortable working within a matrix-based organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and lead P&L for SoulCycle’s multi-unit and eCommerce retail business through developing and driving a strategy that meets or exceeds the Company’s brand and financial goals.
- Develop and execute an annual plan to support the scale of the business including the open-to-buy, warehousing and logistics, technology systems and regional infrastructure (people and process).
- Create and own monthly business analyses identifying key trends, areas of success, opportunity and concern to accurately project and impact the annual results of the business with a focus on top line revenue as well as business line profitability.
- Oversee and evolve the full product lifecycle from collection design (buying and product development) through planning and allocation through delivery and exit strategies.
- Evaluate and oversee the entire supply chain of all retail products and ensure on-calendar execution for each collection with the logistics and warehouse teams.
- Develop and execute SoulCycle’s eCommerce business strategy including customer acquisition, sales, p&l plan, systems platform and integration, and core business integration strategies.
- Motivate, coach and inspire the retail team to drive for results. Act as a positive and solution-oriented role model. Create and maintain a learning environment where development of the team is a priority. Provide clear and timely communication ensuring that the Retail team is aligned towards a shared vision and a common goal.
- Represent the retail business on SoulCycle’s executive team. Build strong working relationships cross-functionally within SoulCycle as well as with external vendors and partners.
- At least 12 years of retail experience including at least 4 as P&L owner / divisional business driver.
- They will have lead / driven a business in a multi-unit, geographically dispersed operating business (international experience a plus).
- Proven expertise with 3PL, e-commerce, logistics and infrastructure.
- Customer acquisition expert and sales oriented ninja, strong business acumen, expert knowledge of financial measurements and Retail IT systems.
- Proven team builder who can demonstrate excellent hiring, leadership, management and people development skills.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience and spirit, agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach; has the ability to think strategically (high-level) and tactically (to drive execution).
- Strong influencing skills; must be able to effectively influence and negotiate with diverse audiences without damaging relationships.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action. Be solution-oriented.
- Possess excellent prioritization, presentation, and listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Please note that Soulcycle has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, SoulCycle employees are required to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. An applicant's offer of employment is also conditional until they can provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.