Vice President, Programs
If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply - you could be exactly who we are looking for!
Do you have a love of building programs and engaging people in social impact? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit that can quickly adapt strategy to meet the changing needs of partners and programs? If so, this role will enable you to play an influential part of a broad body of work that is proving to move the needle toward a better future.
Our dynamic, rapidly growing organization is looking for a Vice President, Programs to lead and grow an evolving portfolio of work and join the organization’s Senior Team. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of social impact initiatives that work in close collaborations with cross-sector partners to solve complex problems. This role will lead program strategy development, implementation, budget management, relationship management, and business development.
The successful candidate will be a forward-thinking strategic partner who will embrace our mission to accelerate social change. A nimble and seasoned leader, able to manage complexity, this leader will contribute to the overall strategy for the organization and continue to build Panorama Global’s collaborative and adaptive culture.
Panorama is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Our goal is to maximize social impact by partnering with visionary leaders to codevelop solutions with audacious thinking and bold action. We serve as an intermediary, a philanthropic advisor to foundations and high-net-worth individuals, a grant-maker through collaborative funds, a fiscal sponsor and backbone organization to new and ongoing initiatives, and a consultancy offering strategic counsel and tactical support on social impact projects.
At Panorama, our global, cross-sector partners are at the center of our work, and we tailor our approach to meet their individual needs. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship. Our projects tackle a wide range of societal issues including, but not limited to, pandemic preparedness, vaccines, gender equity, mental health, and the climate crises.
Established in 2017, Panorama Global is a diverse team of aspirational thinkers with the know-how to get things done in a fast-paced and flexible environment. In our first five years, we have grown to a team of 40+, with over $34.5M in funds under management, and we are recruiting new leaders to support our continued growth.
As our VP, Programs:
- You are an experienced executive. You come to the table with strong opinions and moral convictions, and you’re able to take a visionary approach. You work well with an executive team that works fast, values performance, and shares what they think.
- You are motivated to make transformational change. You believe in working with mission-driven organizations that meet the needs of stakeholders across the world. You feel a sense of responsibility for social good.
- You have a growth mindset and are excited to be part of a growing, evolving and dynamic organization.
- You can both design and execute. You’re motivated by high growth environments that consistently navigate change. You likely have experience building systems, teams, and structures from scratch.
- You are mature. You understand that flexibility, adaptation, and responsiveness are keys to success, and you work to show up with presence and calm. You have high levels of integrity and ethics, and you regularly exercise sound judgement. You’re used to making multiple strategic decisions every day.
- You apply an equity lens. You acknowledge and account for the differences in lived experience, proximity to power, and privilege as you design systems, policies, and procedures.
- You are results-oriented and experienced at driving measurable change and social impact.
- You are naturally collaborative, and a creative strategist and problem solver.
- You are a disciplined manager who can balance day to day team needs and management with long term team development
- You are an empathetic leader, naturally collaborative and eager to listen and learn from team members and partners.
- You are a leader who can foster an inclusive, vibrant and innovative culture driven by Panorama’s Values and Culture Compact.
- Serve as a key strategic and thought partner to the CEO as Panorama continues to grow its diverse portfolio of social impact initiatives.
- Participate in critical elements of institutional decision-making and provide strategic vision at the executive level.
- Contribute to Panorama’s ongoing evolution and growth as a platform for social change.
- Cultivate a high-performing team by prioritizing collective success, team development, clear expectation setting, and regular performance assessment.
- Develop a long-term vision and key performance indicators for Program team to ensure that work aligns with and facilitates Panorama’s mission and vision.
Program Leadership and Management
- Lead the development and execution of innovative social impact initiatives. These initiatives include supporting the smooth functioning of collaboratives of organizations working toward common goals and hosting networks in which organizations come together to solve complex problems.
- Oversee program strategy, key performance indicators, project deliverables, and stakeholder engagement.
- Identify the necessary systems, processes, and tools needed to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by programs.
- Ensure that key program outcomes and relationships are leveraged for maximum social impact.
- Partner with CEO and Senior Team to determine how to operationalize new ideas, including structuring and staffing models.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional departments to develop new approaches and processes for cross-functional knowledge sharing and successful program development and execution.
New Opportunity and Business Development
- Maintain robust knowledge of social impact sector and trends to proactively identify pathways for Panorama Global to partner with other organizations to achieve social impact goals.
- Partner with the CEO and senior leadership team to assess new opportunities and make recommendations based on strategic alignment and feasibility.
- Drive new opportunities and partnerships by serving as an organizational brand ambassador and representing the organization and communicating our unique value proposition to external partners
- Leverage network to build business development pipeline and grow portfolio of innovative programs and collaborative funds
- Professional experience and career growth in social impact program development, strategy, and management; senior management experience required.
- Robust knowledge of the social impact sector and experience working on a diverse range of programs, in particular through a system change lens.
- Experience working with a variety of high-level internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to nurture strong relationships and navigate complex situations.
- Experience working with a range of cross-sector partners, such as non-profits, foundations, philanthropists, multilateral organizations, government institutions, social entrepreneurs, and corporations.
- Commitment to Panorama Global’s approach to change and the ability to serve as an ambassador for the organization.
- Proven experience in driving decision-making and developing strategic solutions.
- Ability to foster teamwork, develop and mentor others, and build collaborative relationships; proven track record leading teams and building organizational culture in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and maintain a sense of perspective and sense of humor through challenge, uncertainty, and change.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed
This position is available on a fully remote basis within the United States. Willingness to travel occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $160,000 alongside a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- Paid time off and sick leave
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the U.S (we provide the technology!)
- A commitment to professional development and growth
How to Apply
We’re excited to hear from you! Interested candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter to on our Careers Page portal. Applications without cover letters will not be considered; please use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the Vice President, Programs at Panorama!
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Nicole Travis, HR Generalist, at email@example.com.
Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Panorama participates in the federal E-Verify system. All candidates should review the E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters for more information.
Final offer will be contingent on successful background check.