Vice President, Production Infrastructure and Engineering
Redwood City, CA
EA has an exciting opportunity for a world class technical leader to join the leadership of EA's global Enterprise & Platform Services team as Vice President of Production Infrastructure & Engineering. This role, reporting to the CTO, will lead a growing agile organization of 165 employees, supported by a contingent workforce, managing global infrastructure for our online gaming. You will work with our senior business executives throughout the company and main external partners, and will lead and meet our goals in a global, collaborative and performing work environment. We are looking for someone to improve cloud transformation and service reliability that EA players and partners demand.
- You will own the $250M+ online operating and infrastructure expenditure/investment for EA, while leading all player-facing worldwide infrastructure – including data centers, managed hosting, and public cloud resources.
- You will partner with internal and external teams to build a modern elastic hosting strategy while delivering a cost efficient transformation to the infrastructure team.
- You will lead, retain and grow a talented global team within the following disciplines: Infrastructure engineering, Development Operations, 24x7 Live Operations teams (Incident and Problem Management), Procurement and Business Operations and Program Planning.
- 12+ years experience within engineering or information technology, with at least 5 years of experience leading an infrastructure group in a global high technology company.
- You will have a background in elastic infrastructure technologies, automation and large-scale environment in a global corporation with an expert understanding with multiple infrastructure technologies including virtualization, cloud computing, web scale, large-scale distributed infrastructures, infrastructure automation, principles of infrastructure durability, and data center technologies.
- 5 years of inspirational and motivational leadership through conviction, vision and the ability to produce and articulate direction; experienced in the analysis and definition of organization goals, direction setting and the interpretation of goals into specific tasks.
- Successful career progression in complex organizations (multiple data centers, networks, applications) and multiple engineering disciplines by leading through analytics and data to resolve issues and create strategies.