Vice President, Product Marketing
Your team responsibilities
We're looking for an experienced Product Marketer with a general manager (“owner”) mindset to develop compelling Go-to-Market (GTM) launches, client-centric messaging/campaigns, competitive analyses, and external communications to help shape the voice of our Equity & Factors business, drive awareness, and accelerate growth. Leveraging data driven marketing insights to understand client needs, you'll liaise with stakeholders in areas such as Product, Marketing, Coverage (Sales), and Research to translate both product and business value into GTM strategies. You’ll have proven Product Positioning experience, serving as an internal expert to help strengthen and elevate that competency within the team.
The role of Vice President, Product Marketing, sits at the intersection of the organization and is pivotal in accelerating our solutions globally. This role will have an emphasis on our Equity and Factors business. This is a highly collaborative role with great opportunity for impact, working across the organization, and with senior members of the marketing team in PR, content, design, digital, events, and email marketing. We are looking for an action-oriented Product Marketing professional, with proven Positioning experience, and a passion for growing businesses to jump into a fast-paced, high growth team.
Your key responsibilities
- Own, develop, and execute a unified marketing vision and strategy for the Equity and Factors business
- Develop value propositions, messaging, and positioning, and creative to align with client needs and business objectives. Work cross-functionally to ensure positioning and messaging is consistent across all client touchpoints. Serve as internal expert to strengthen and elevate Positioning competency within the team.
- Bring a consistent voice to messaging that avoids jargon and makes the complex simple
- Craft compelling, client-centric, benefits-driven stories and infuse into 360-degree marketing content (ie: digital content and campaigns, sales presentations, educational tools, talking points, webpages, newsletter articles, client case studies, events etc.) to drive growth
- Create impactful marketing plans and sales enablement materials that strengthen the brand, empower Coverage (Sales), drive customer acquisition, and grow the business
- Work collaboratively to deliver solutions marketing campaigns, successfully project managing campaign deliverables cross-functionally at the firm and with external agencies, from strategy to planning to execution
- Manage budget and report on ROI of launches and wider campaigns, including awareness, engagement, and conversion metrics
- Maintain in-depth segment market intelligence (i.e., product, client and competitor expertise) and distill insights from across the firm to inform product messaging and marketing strategy
- Coordinate and oversee regular maintenance and updates of evergreen collateral, pitchbooks, factsheets, and brochures
- Prioritize and respond to requests from the Coverage (Sales) and Product teams for new client-centric materials
- Manage relationships with external Partners and Agencies in service of business goals
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- 10+ years experience in Product Marketing
- Proven experience with Product Positioning
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in Marketing
- Pragmatic-certified valued
- Ability to embrace and take ownership of projects
- Demonstrated understanding and passion for investment solutions, with a preference for marketing experience at a financial institution.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, refine and communicate the various voices and messages of the company to key stakeholders; as well as strong project management skills to coordinate and influence the different teams globally
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects/plans and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Global awareness and sensitivity in working across time zones and cultures
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
Salary Range: $182,000 – $237,000/year plus eligible for annual bonus
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.