Vice President, Product & Design
Stitch Fix is the world’s leading online personal styling service, combining data science and human judgment to deliver apparel, shoes, and accessories personalized to its clients’ unique tastes, lifestyles, and budgets. We delight customers with a personalized experience that helps them build a wardrobe that fits their style so they look and feel their best. Our personalization model helps clients be their most confident and authentic selves.
The Vice President (VP) of Product & Design at Stitch Fix will envision and mobilize teams across the company to deliver innovative customer experiences, deploy new business models, and drive customer adoption. Leading at the intersection of art and science, the VP of Product & Design will focus on growth and engagement with our core Personalized Styling Product and drive daily active users to the Stitch Fix experience. This role will expertly balance and lead the ‘north star’ product story while advancing and innovating our compelling product and interaction design. This high-impact leader will create an inspiring vision and product strategy for our core client experience, define key areas for product growth and play an instrumental role championing the needs of both the client and the business.
The VP of Product & Design will incorporate a highly refined approach to product strategy and portfolio management, prioritizing among numerous attractive strategic options. Bringing deep experience across all aspects of product lifecycle management (including planning, agile development, product management and product marketing), this individual will exemplify inclusive leadership inspiring, leading by example and engaging directly in the business to produce meaningful impact through transparent collaboration across functions.
This executive position will report to the Chief Technology Officer and lead a team of Directors, Product Managers and Product Designers to create and execute product strategy. This role will be based at our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Envision innovative experiences that drive engagement and retention of clients to our unique personalized service offering.
- Delight customers not only in helping them shop, but in helping them look their best everyday. You establish mechanisms to align on initiatives and audit delivery and performance across product, design, engineering, and data science.
- Think big and propose business opportunities that disrupt the traditional retail, ecommerce and personal styling industries.
- Obsess over the customer experience and use research and data to derive insight and identify new opportunities.
- Build and oversee all Client Experience Product and Design strategy & execution, navigating tradeoffs to prioritize approaches that are customer-centric and lead with data and insights.
- Organize and integrate teams to ensure product experience & design excellence and effectiveness across all areas of the business (customer facing and expert use).
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop and execute effective go-to-market strategies, ensuring that products are launched and marketed effectively to drive adoption and revenue.
- Analyze product performance and customer feedback to continuously improve and refine the product offering.
- Lead and empower your team, leveraging their expertise to deliver fantastic customer experiences that drive measurable business results and create innovative, user centered solutions.
- Champion, build, mentor and lead a large team of product directors, managers and designers while fostering an inclusive, collaborative environment and culture of curiosity, inspiration and insights.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 15+ years of experience in product management in direct to consumer businesses - owning P&L while building and scaling consumer products for global audiences
- 10+ years of experience building and leading distributed high performing Product and Design teams as well as experience working closely with Engineering and Data Science teams
- Deep experience leading across all aspects of product lifecycle management (including planning, agile development, product management and product marketing), with exceptional management of product operations
- Demonstrated success delivering end-to-end client experiences with scalable engineering systems and platforms that have high performance expectations
- An exceptional ability to influence technical decisions at all levels of the organization with strong analytical skills leading decision making through data and metrics.
- A track record of thinking big and delivering on a clear, cohesive product roadmap that drives customer value, particularly with new and disruptive products
- A strong reputation for an ability to collaborate, partner effectively and influence across all functions and at all levels of the company, especially within strong cross functional partnerships with Marketing, Merchandising, Engineering, Data Science and Machine Learning teams
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and problem solving skills
- A reputation as a persuasive storyteller and an empathetic leader with strong analytical skills who builds meaningful partnerships with clients and internal stakeholders
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX...
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives— all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
We're changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated—it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for an annual bonus, and new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units, depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.