As the Vice President of Pricing and Commercialization, you will be responsible for designing and optimizing Lumen’s monetization strategy across our global portfolio of products and services. You will be responsible for enabling our executive team to make key strategic decisions and driving organizational alignment behind our strategies. You will lead a team of talented professionals and collaborate cross-functionally to gather insights, analyze market trends, and identify opportunities to enhance our market position.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the EVP, Chief Product Officer.
The Main Responsibilities
- Establish the strategic direction and objectives for the pricing function, including supporting the reporting and analytics needs for all revenue streams.
- Develop, update, and maintain evaluation and pricing strategies at the market and segment level and lead efforts on product change initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute innovative pricing strategies including promotional offers which optimize revenue.
- Provide and implement a framework for success measurement including models to evaluate pre and post-launch strategies, discount trends and effectiveness of price changes.
- Influence the commercial negotiations with large strategic customers and oversee that maintenance of pricing for specific organizations.
- Provide dedicated support for sales and operations leaders, focusing on initiatives that will enable improvements in planning, efficiency, margins, controls, and the customer experience.
- Direct presentation of pricing strategies before leadership. Provides key decision makers with relevant pricing information, support, and recommendations.
- Partner with Finance leadership by providing input for revenue forecasts considering competitor pricing, inflation and any other factors that impact pricing and profitability
- Research and monitor the competitive landscape, industry trends, customer segments, and pricing best practices
- Develop and execute pricing experiments and A/B tests to measure customer willingness to pay, price elasticity, and conversion rates
- Communicate and align pricing decisions with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead development of pricing models, tools, and dashboards to support data-driven decision making
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, engineering, or a related field required and MBA or Masters preferred
- 15+ years of experience in pricing, monetization, product management and / or revenue management (within SaaS, Enterprise Software, or Cloud Platforms)
- Ability to think critically, implement effective solutions and lead a team.
- Experience managing pricing processes with cross-functional partners.
- 12+ years’ experience in pricing, monetization, product management, or a similar role
- Advanced understanding of company financial measures and financial modeling.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work with large and complex data sets
- Experience with pricing tools, platforms, and methodologies, such as value-based pricing, subscription pricing, freemium, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and persuade different audiences
- Passion for building customer-centric and innovative products
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min : 167580
Salary Max : 242550
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.