Visa is seeking a seasoned and highly motivated leader to manage the PMO and Business Operations function within CMS Product Development. CMS (Commercial and Money Movement Solutions) is a strategic growth pillar for Visa that will deliver significant revenue for the company over the coming years. The CMS Product Development (CMS PD) team within Visa Technology is chartered with building the platforms and product capabilities that will directly enable the growth aspirations of our CMS business.
This leader will be an integral member of the CMS PD leadership team reporting into the SVP, CMS PD. The Vice President of PMO and Business Operations will be responsible for leading and managing the Visa Direct and Visa Commercial Solutions project portfolios, ensuring alignment with the company's strategic objectives.
They will oversee the prioritization and execution of all projects, from initiation to completion, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within scope and budget. As the Business Operations leader, this role will own the management of our Workforce Plan and expense management while evolving our culture and ways of working to drive higher performance and employee engagement.
This role requires a strategic visionary with a deep understanding of agile software development processes and technologies, along with a strong ability to lead and manage high-performing teams. The Vice President of PMO and Business Operations is a leadership role and is essential to the successful growth and development of the organization. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, with a proven track record of leading successful teams and an ability to drive and manage change.
- Lead and manage the PMO of global distributed teams, setting its strategic direction and ensuring its operational effectiveness.
- Oversee the execution of all projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Manage and prioritize software development projects, ensuring they align with company objectives.
- Lead agile transformation with CMS PD in collaboration with Product and other Technology PD Leaders. Harmonize our scrum operating policies, practices, and tooling across the entire CMS portfolio. This includes evolution of teams along Operation Value Stream dimensions and establishment of a persistent teams footprint.
- Develop and implement project management methodologies, standards, and tools to drive and facilitate successful project delivery. Develop and track metrics and trends that focus on end-to-end efficiency from product requirements to development cycle time and velocity.
- Foster an agile culture within the PMO and wider organization.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure clear communication and alignment of project objectives including extensive reporting to a broad set of technology and product stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on project portfolio performance, providing insights and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Manage internal and external audit oversight. Compliance with all internal and external controls and regulatory requirements. Ensure satisfactory oversight results, including regulatory obligations, control reviews and internal-external audits, across all areas of CMS PD.
- Lead and mentor project management staff, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Expense Management: Manage opex and capex budget within target (160M USD). Maintain spend within established targets, Ensure each investment is backed by key ROI metrics.
- Workforce Plan Management: Continue to evolve CMS PD workforce and organizational metrics per the approved workforce plan. Manage headcount of 1,400 to optimize location strategy across all global locations while focusing on FTE-Contractor ratio, Span of Control and job level pyramid.
- Scale Alternative Talent Pathway programs to gain needed skillsets and tap into new talent pools.
- Contractor supplier management of SOWs and performance
- Employee engagement: comms-media, recognition, early careers, training, onboarding, apprentice program management
- Operational level - chief of staff support to SVP across the CMS PD extended leadership team
- Support a globally distributed team of 1400+ employees.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, PhD)
- PMP, Agile, Scrum, or similar project management certification is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in project management in Product / Software Development, with at least 5 years in a leadership role leading global technology teams.
- Proven experience in managing a PMO in a software development environment, preferably within the financial services / payments industry.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies / principles and Product Lifecyle / Roadmap management.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong data / financial analysis skills.
- Deep Payments industry knowledge highly desired.
- A hands-on approach to all activities with real passion and high levels of energy. Agile and comfortable adapting to different environments.
- Courageous innovation: creative and resourceful in overcoming barriers and unexpected roadblocks
- An authentic leader who intuitively engenders an inclusive environment, enabling the business to reach its ambitious goals
- Diversity of thought and experience: continually seeks new perspectives and feedback, takes an inclusive approach
- High personal standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders, and customers
- High levels of learning-agility with a real interest in developing relationships with progressive businesses, combining a ‘technology / digital-first’ approach
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments, self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change
- Eager to seek a challenge and expand frontiers, brings a visionary approach. Sets and meets a high bar of goals and principles.
- Servant leadership mentality: deeply committed to serving and listening to others. Natural ability to build strong relationships and enable collaboration through empathy and authenticity.
- Committed to building a community through Visa Leadership Principles: Lead Courageously - Obsess about customers - Collaborate as one Visa - Execute with excellence
- Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
- Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 218,100.00 to 300,000.00 USD per year, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable).
Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.