Vice President of Technical Operations & Support
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Ontada is an oncology technology and insights business dedicated to transforming the fight against cancer. Part of McKesson Corporation, Ontada was founded on the core belief that precise insights – delivered exactly at the point of need – can save more patients’ lives. We connect the full patient journey by combining technologies used by The US Oncology Network and other community oncology providers with real-world data and research relied on by all top 15 global life sciences companies. Our work helps accelerate innovation and power the future of cancer care.
Ontada is an oncology data science and technology business. We specialize in real-world data and evidence generation that accelerates life science research, clinical technologies that support community providers with precise care, and provider engagement channels that enable education and insights.
We’re looking for a driven, enthusiastic technology leader to be part of the team that’s transforming the fight against cancer and improving the lives of patients. Backed by the strength of a Fortune 7 company.
Reporting to the Chief Innovation and Technology Officer (CITO), the Vice President of Technology Operations and Support is responsible for leading all operational aspects of technology operations (e.g., server operations, storage operations, network operations, system software management, system administration, development operations, CI/CD, technology asset management, service management, compute, disaster recovery, business continuity, data center operations, etc.) and level one helpdesk support for Ontada. This includes coordination with technology operations partners within McKesson Technology as well as external vendor partners that provide key services for Ontada. This critical role defines the practices for day-to-day health and management of all Ontada technology platforms including ensuring end to end Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning practices exist and are exercised with a cadence to meet all regulatory and business best practices. The role will including information security remediation as governed by enterprise policies; these policies reflect specific test frequency and specific remediation timelines. The teams reporting to this leader deliver and support provisioning, installation, configuration, development operations, technical support, service management, level one helpdesk support and system administration related to infrastructure.
The Vice President Technology Operations and Support will maintain standardized processes with appropriate run books and documentation for all supported technologies, including those in partnership with other 3rd party support partners. The Vice President Technology Operations and Support will maintain operational excellence standards and metrics. The team reporting to this role sets the standards for all technology incident, problem, and change management.
This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated server systems administration acumen, plus a superior, service-oriented approach. This individual will have experience in both cloud and on-premise infrastructure technology management, and will have demonstrated successful management, implementation and delivery of high-availability environments. This role will participate in the delivery of 24x7 on-call support for business-critical systems.
This individual will have a proven track record of supporting a broad set of systems and infrastructure types (DBMS types, network architectures, development architectures, storage architectures, etc.) and be capable of identifying gaps in the delivery of all operational services and creating appropriate risk mitigation plans for them.
- Responsible for all cloud and on-premise platform operations and all CAB (Change Advisory Board) governance, participation and controls Owns the support structure for network operations, Server and storage administration, backups, restores, and disaster recovery.
- Lead the Operational Excellence governance in change management, incident management, and problem management.
- Manage the operational support models for private and public cloud platforms; these production acceptance models are critical for application development to process their change requests to move to production.
- Responsible for IT Service and Operations management within ServiceNow and any other emergent trouble ticketing system within Ontada environments.
- Responsible for operational health check scorecards that provide details to CIOs as well as metrics for all hardware, storage and servers running their applications.
- The following domains are an example of the scope of this role (but are not limited to): Service Management, Compute, Network, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, End User Compute, Tech Ops, Data Center Operations, etc.
- Act as trusted professional with the ability to lead strong personalities and drive open items to effective resolution.
- Think and act creatively, championing and promoting new ideas that contribute to the goals of the organization and the department.
- Act as a force for change who is open to new insights, accepts challenges and leads with positive energy.
- Inspire, empower and manage a team of strategic technology planners, program managers and project managers
- Provide day-to-day people management for the team
- Attract, retain and nurture top technology planning and program delivery talent
- Champion diversity, inclusion and equality
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on structure and execution.
- 15+ years’ experience leading technology operations, including at least 10 years within healthcare environments,
- 10+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people motivation skills
- Experience in ServiceNow, multiple technology and operational tools in monitoring and automation of infrastructure processes. Knowledge of public cloud environments required (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with ability to bring clarity to complexity and communicate customer needs, architectural requirements, and product goals across cross-functional teams.
- Broad business experience driving execution and adoption of key strategic technology programs across large teams.
- A strong track record in leading and delivering complex large-scale technology projects and partnerships, often managing a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop and lead the implementation of communications strategy, policy and operational plans, to a successful outcome, across a medium or large organization with dispersed management.
- Proven ability to prioritize strategic versus short-term requirements
- Experience as a leader with proven ability to collaborate and influence others in a highly cross-matrixed environment
- Healthcare provider experience in (at least) ambulatory and acute care clinical settings (oncology or life sciences experience a plus)
- 4-year BA/BS degree required
- MBA or other relevant Master’s program preferred
- Remote Office Location
- Occasional travel (up to 30%)
McKesson Total Rewards
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections, eligibility, and collective bargaining agreement terms: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), 401k and Stock Purchase Programs
No agencies please
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!