We have high-reaching growth plans as the legal market and consumer adoption expand. Key growth initiatives include ambitious platform innovation, outstanding marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this spectacular growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
We are looking for a VP of sales to join Kiva’s award-winning and industry-leading Growth Team. At Kiva, the Growth Team is responsible for product and brand management, HQ marketing, sales, field marketing, innovation, and geographic expansion. The VP of Sales will be directly responsible for the sales and field marketing teams. In addition to the direct responsibilities, the VP of Sales will be a part of the Growth Leadership Team and work with the other leaders on developing all aspects of the Kiva growth plans.
Our goal is to build a stable of leading national cannabis brands. In order to do that, we need to win inside the store with flawless sales execution and best in class in-store marketing, particularly given the limitations around out of store marketing in cannabis. The person in this role will help Kiva with the battle in the trenches and grow our presence in-store.
At the time of hire, this role will have 3 director level reports and a total team of 35+ sales and field marketing employees across the country. Our new VP of sales will lead, manage, grow, and develop this world class team. As we continue to transition the way we go to market across the country, building out a best-in-class field teams across the country and the market by market frameworks that lead them to success is critical in this role. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer, who is responsible for the entire Kiva growth team.
This is the job for you, if…
- You are passionate about brands and winning in a relatively new, high growth category
- You thrive on change and problem solving...the cannabis industry can change on a dime and throws us curve balls at a heroic pace
- You’re extremely passionate about the sales trade and like to “nerd-out” on your industry and consider yourself “a student of the craft”
- You put people first and thrive off of helping your team accomplish greatness, often passing the all credit to them
- You embrace rolling up your sleeves. You’re unafraid to dive in and solve problems, find answers, and have a tenacity for getting things done
- You can bounce between being extremely creative and analytical as needed
As our VP of Sales you will...
- Lead, manage, grow, and develop a large team of highly motivated and industry professionals
- Work with the COO and the Growth Leadership Team to set the growth strategy for Kiva both short and long term
- Develop, execute, and optimize national and state specific sales and field strategies that drive growth, deliver business results, and build Kiva’s brands
- Take Kiva to then next level from a sales and field marketing perspective by building and optimizing the frameworks the team uses and developing strong top-to-top relationships with our most important customers
- Build and nurture growth oriented relationships with the sales leaders at all our license and/or distribution partners across the country
- Identify and implement systems and technology that will improve team performance
- Set, measure, and track goals for the sales and field teams, including taking us to the next level in measurement
What we're looking for...
- Must have 5+ years of high level sales leadership experience (director and above), at least some of which is at the VP level preferably as well as experience managing or working closely with field/trade marketing
- Ideal candidate has proven track record of accelerating early and/or mid-stage brand growth including opening markets or channels for a brand or product line
- Good experience managing distributors and distribution networks
- The ideal candidate has experience working in a regulated environment like alcohol, tobacco, or cannabis. While cannabis experience isn’t required, it will give the candidate a leg up, especially if she/he has strong top-to-top relationships with dispensary partners already
- Experience leading the marketing for multiple lifestyle brands ideal, but not required
- Strong people and team management skills; has managed a team of 10+ sales professionals, including some at a leadership level and ideally has some experience building out a market team from scratch
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including experience with pulling market data and extrapolating insights (Headset, BDSA, Nielsen, IRI, Spins, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proactively identify potential communication gaps and overcome them, and achieve results while maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to effectively lead and interface with cross functional teams to rapidly identify problems/opportunities and take appropriate action
$210,000 - $270,000 a year
Please note, we consider a number of factors such as internal pay parity, relevant experience/skills, geographic location, etc.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.