Vice President of Retail
Good American is the first fully inclusive fashion brand that celebrates all dimensions of female power. Offering quality, style, and substance in every size — 00-32, we are committed to challenging industry norms by empowering all women to feel sexy and confident no matter their size or shape. The brand was launched in October 2016, by Emma Grede and Khloé Kardashian, to empower all women to celebrate their bodies with confidence by offering high-quality designs in all sizes. What started as the largest denim launch in history, has evolved into an iconic and inclusive fashion line of denim, ready-to-wear, swim, shoes and activewear.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Retail is an integral member of the Good American leadership team who will create a high level of trust and excellence while driving vision, cohesion, and sales through our owned retail stores. The Vice President of Retail is responsible for building, scaling and overseeing the retail channel for Good American, including managing the P&L, working closely with Good American HQ and local leaders to ensure a strong operational, profitable, and results-driven environment, and identifying and implementing scalable growth for the retail channel. This role is accountable for ensuring Good American retail stores deliver an exceptional customer experience, achieving revenue and KPI goals, retaining and developing top retail talent, and developing processes and capabilities to maximize our potential in the retail channel. Other areas of responsibility include ensuring operational excellence, training, productivity as measured by the P&L, growing our talent pipeline through proactive recruitment, selection, development, networking, and strategic succession planning.
- Hands on leader who will develop the retail vision and strategy in partnership with executive leadership
- Partner with executive leadership to identify and apply learnings from early retail locations to future growth strategies across all dimensions of the customer journey including location, environment, assortment, service model, and talent.
- Partner with broader leadership team and HQ to optimize brand expression, customer acquisition, talent strategy, and local market needs, ensuring retail stores deliver top and bottom-line outcomes and a superior customer experience.
- Implement processes to help scale retail operations across multiple stores, including assortment optimization, replenishment, visual presentation, stockroom operations, and staff training.
- Own location and real estate planning, strategy and decision-making process, ensuring growth and scale of Good American Retail aligns to pro forma framework, and utilizes appropriate decision making and approvals of Real Estate Committee
- Partner with internal and external resources to create store environment that supports desired customer experiences, revenues, and achieves targeted budget.
- Provide vision, direction, and support to retail field team on an ongoing basis, ensuring Good American attracts and retails top retail talent.
- Develop and execute annual business plans to maximize revenue and profitability of the Retail division on an ongoing basis.
- BA or BS degree from a four-year college or university (or equivalent amount of relevant professional experience).
- Minimum 7-10 years operational experience with a fast-moving specialty retailer or a national retail company, preferably in apparel, fashion, footwear.
- Minimum 7-10 years cross-functional management experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years managing a team.
- Experience opening new stores, and creating adaptive and responsive processes to optimize the operations and customer experience within them.
- Experience operating multiple field retail teams-driving consistent processes and experiences while at the same time optimizing for local market nuance
- Project management, or working within a project management framework a must
- Experience working with store environment and/or store design function.
- Offer a balance of field operations and corporate center experience.
- In-depth experience at relationship management
This role requires to be in office FOUR days a week.